Elo Boosting - Not punished at all apparently.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChocoGranule

11-13-2012

bump for this issues

mambawarrior0

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
A few things I want to say about this:

1. As Kades mentioned, just because someone shot up in Elo at the end of the season doesn't necessarily mean that they were Elo boosted (for instance, look at my Elo graph before the reset: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/2625).
XD, most of GD will take that as proof that Rioters cheat, not that others don't

Arcus Veles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
A few things I want to say about this:

1. As Kades mentioned, just because someone shot up in Elo at the end of the season doesn't necessarily mean that they were Elo boosted (for instance, look at my Elo graph before the reset: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/2625).

2. We have not finished the full sweep of Elo boosters as of yet. We will be removing rewards retroactively from players that we identify.

3. Even once we do finish that analysis, there will inevitably be some number of players that we didn't catch. This is because we take these sorts of punishments very seriously, and we have to absolutely sure before we pull the trigger. It's better to have a few people slip through the cracks than to ban and strip rewards from innocent players.

And for anyone saying we don't care about Elo boosting, that's simply not true. The integrity of ranked play (and the matchmaker) is very important to us.
Are you guys combing every single account, or do you have some computer/data method of filtering the bajillion accounts down to an amount you then hand-check? Do you have an email or page we can go to to report suspicious accounts (or accounts we've personally seen on stream or otherwise boosted)?

George MichaeI

11-13-2012

Let's keep this on the radar.

Some possible issues I could see riot having to deal with.

Anyone they find guilty, they should reset them to their old elo before the boosting AND THEN compress it for the new season, a reset without a compress may not even hinder them that much.

George MichaeI

11-17-2012

The people that I personally know that got boosted still have gone unpunished, if any of you know of anyone that got punished and reset, let me know, I want to track whether riot is truly going after the cases that aren't spotlighted based on being related to well known players.

Supermegalol

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
Playing someone else's account- honestly for any reason- is against the Summoner's Code and is subject to disciplinary action.
All talk as usual, frikkin hilarious then that Hafu never recieved any punishment. She even streamed it infront of thousands of people.

Never bought any of ur bullsh!t but its becoming more and more clear that ur all talk, will never trust anything u say.

George MichaeI

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermegalol View Post
All talk as usual, frikkin hilarious then that Hafu never recieved any punishment. She even streamed it infront of thousands of people.

Never bought any of ur bullsh!t but its becoming more and more clear that ur all talk, will never trust anything u say.
My friends and I are also starting to question whether riot actually cares about the integrity of the game as well (instead of just saying they do or taking action in places where it is good for PR)

We know some people that blatantly elo boosted and I reported it over a month ago, and they are still unpunished, still enjoying their borders and janna. No they aren't well known players that will draw a lot of attention and force riot into action, but did they cheat and break the rules? Yes, and I think receiving an elo boost is the most toxic thing you can do in online play, because it ripples out and hurts teammates when they are forced to play with someone that is at an elo they didn't earn, and it basically wastes their time. Riot is either a kingdom of conscience, or nothing.

Patient 0

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestphile View Post
people elo boost, RIOT protects them

see streamer Sam

and Hafu
U forgot aphromoo duos

George MichaeI

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by destruction333 View Post
U forgot aphromoo duos
Unfortunately aphromoo duo is not against the code, even though it is an exploitative way to play.

Elric Sadricson

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigsfoot View Post
Id hate to be your friend
^this

while video games may teach you that snitching is ok (black ops, etc), in the real world snitches get stitches or wind up in ditches, don't forget that