Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Elo Boosting - Not punished at all apparently.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thunderfrog

11-13-2012

@ Yeggs.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2703416&page=8

They still got diamond/plat rewards.

IncendiarySpade

11-13-2012

Quote:
Yegg:
A few things I want to say about this:

1. As Kades mentioned, just because someone shot up in Elo at the end of the season doesn't necessarily mean that they were Elo boosted (for instance, look at my Elo graph before the reset: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/2625).

2. We have not finished the full sweep of Elo boosters as of yet. We will be removing rewards retroactively from players that we identify.

3. Even once we do finish that analysis, there will inevitably be some number of players that we didn't catch. This is because we take these sorts of punishments very seriously, and we have to absolutely sure before we pull the trigger. It's better to have a few people slip through the cracks than to ban and strip rewards from innocent players.

And for anyone saying we don't care about Elo boosting, that's simply not true. The integrity of ranked play (and the matchmaker) is very important to us.

Bro, why is your elo falling. You are supposed to be the very best, like no one ever was. That is your responsibility when using pikachu as an avatar.

George MichaeI

11-13-2012

Quote:
Yegg:
A few things I want to say about this:

1. As Kades mentioned, just because someone shot up in Elo at the end of the season doesn't necessarily mean that they were Elo boosted (for instance, look at my Elo graph before the reset: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/2625).

2. We have not finished the full sweep of Elo boosters as of yet. We will be removing rewards retroactively from players that we identify.

3. Even once we do finish that analysis, there will inevitably be some number of players that we didn't catch. This is because we take these sorts of punishments very seriously, and we have to absolutely sure before we pull the trigger. It's better to have a few people slip through the cracks than to ban and strip rewards from innocent players.

And for anyone saying we don't care about Elo boosting, that's simply not true. The integrity of ranked play (and the matchmaker) is very important to us.

This is very good to hear, I am in a similar, but not identical situation to the OP. I know for a fact some people got elo boosted... and have yet to see them punished for it. I am glad you guys are not done with your investigation, I do however suggest that when you do conclude the bulk of s2 investigations you let the public know, so that the people who were looking for justice know whether it came on swift wings or not. I myself will be very disappointed with ranked play if the people I saw get boosted do not get punished, and it would cheapen the value of elo for everyone that earned it legitimately.

CoonSan CoonSan

11-13-2012

Got both my accounts to 1556 with almost not having to try. Just buckled down for a week after they posted the first end of season 2 warning. 1500 isn't hard to get. If you didn't get gold don't blame others. The fact is you just aren't good enough to get gold. My friend also got it after losing like 100 points due to elo degrading. It isn't hard.

Loerka

11-13-2012

I dont love how you treat your friends

Drewqt

11-13-2012

Quote:
Kades:
Nope- I don't want a misunderstanding floating around. Playing someone else's account- honestly for any reason- is against the Summoner's Code and is subject to disciplinary action.

I'd like Riot to just remove this rule instead of selectively enforcing it. Froggen played a whole tournament on someone's girlfriend's account. The tournament casters mentioned this fact about 50 times. Neither Froggen nor the account owner were banned. This kind of selective enforcement lowers trust in Riot and contributes to an image the rules are only used capriciously. If every player who let a friend use their account was actually banned then you'd see 25% of the league population banned. I think elo boosting services should be banned out but I'd rather see Riot update the account sharing rule by eliminating it instead of not enforcing it fairly across the board.

IAMSINGED

11-13-2012

I had evidence for one, sent in a ticket and have yet to see any response from riot. It has been 9 days since i sent this in.

#4099154 Player admitted to eloboosting in game chat

No option to report after game so I reported as spamming, i decided to follow up here as well. The player "XXXX XX XXXX" admitted to being an elo booster, i know this has been addressed as an issue by riot.

In the game chat the sivir said sorry elo boosting lol. After checking up the specifics of the account i decided that this might be true. To help find the game i have attached a screenshot of the post game screen.

Thank you for your time looking into this

My account name for reference is: The Surfer
And my username is: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXX

Submitted 9 days ago

King GrimPhenom

11-13-2012

tattle taling is srs bsns

ChocoGranule

11-13-2012

Quote:
ChocoGranule:
How about buying/taking a team who already qualified for diamond/platinum? it doesn't count as ELO boosting? if only the highest elo counts for getting the badge.. any idiots (sorry i mean not qualified ranked person) could get diamond/platinum, he only have to play 5 win game no matter how much he's losing.. because i saw someone whose not even have an ELO @solo ranked but he get diamond border because he had team ranked diamond.. when i check the MH of the team i think he's taking/buying/ask his friend to boost his ELO, i checked he just play 5 winning games with lots of losing.. the current ranked team fall drastically from the highest.. but he still get the diamond.. I think this is a serious flaw in your system.. not to mention that's not fairfor honest ELO chaser..

It's not that i'm jealous or something, i'm not even LV.30 yet just questioning how will Riot will handle this matter..

Quote:
Yegg:

Still doesn't answered my questions.. i'll describe it to be more understandable :
- some (5 exactly) very skilled player created a team ranked, they played about 10 win streak games getting Diamond qualified badge (about 16xx ELO) for twisted treelane & 5vs5 SR..
- then all the player leave the team and the leader of the team selling/transfer/giving the leader posistion to his customer/friend/whatever you called it (these not qualified ranked person)
- the new leader recruited some player and play 5 win games to get the minimum requirements, no matter how many times he's losing the game.. if i'm not mistaken the current team ELO dropped drastically from 16xx to 12xx..
- at the end of the season, abracadabra... he gets diamond border-icon + janna skin,etc..

Simple right? and as Yegg said "It's better to have a few people slip through the cracks than to ban and strip rewards from innocent players." these way to get diamond/plat badge prob the most easiest way and do able even for the idiots (ups sorry again, i mean these not qualified ranked person)..

checked this team "PA1NINY0URASH0LE" for example.. their first 10 games (9 win streak) are played by some people whose different from the current members.. then the rest of the game are played by bunch of noobs who played only to get 5 win with many loss..

AHUEAHUEAHUEA

11-13-2012

Quote:
Yegg:

I had to log in from my phone just to gve my two cents about this rather disturbing statement.

If what you've said is true, then the tiered rewards would never have been implemented in the fashion that it was. And the matchmaker would've been improved a long long time ago. (I was shocked to learn that the matchmaker never took into account # of games played/won; always assumed it gave out **** matches because it really could not find players)

Oh but what am I rambling about, I don't even play solo ranked.