Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Elo Boosting - Not punished at all apparently.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IvilKutyabolzov

11-13-2012

Is this post for real?

People fluctuate in elo all the time especially when put in a situation when the season is about to end. You say that other people deserve to be in a higher elo but they can't due to these "elo boosters." Elo boosters are like .01% of the community (at the very most).

Players who deserve a certain elo, will get that elo. It is never handed to them for free, you have to earn it. If you can't achieve that said elo, then you don't deserve it at all.

If you want to prove me wrong, average your last ten ranked games cs and compare it to the elo bracket your in. If it's roughly the same, then you deserve to be where you are.

And it was K

11-13-2012

Quote:
Yegg:

And for anyone saying we don't care about Elo boosting, that's simply not true. The integrity of ranked play (and the matchmaker) is very important to us.

Mmhm. I'll believe it when I see you guys at least punish those that did it openly.

Like Hafu.

Duke Br0heimer

11-13-2012

Quote:
Yegg:

2. We have not finished the full sweep of Elo boosters as of yet. We will be removing rewards retroactively from players that we identify.

Then start with Hafu please. She's boosted multiple other people to gold Elo.

We wouldn't want to get the impression that being friends with Riot gets you special benefits, would we?

Gun Pierson

11-13-2012

Well I ended season 1 as silver and during season 2 I was high silver and got gold. The last month I lost 300 elo and was at 1200 the last weeks. It seemed the other teams were always better and listen to this, when I won a match I got between 6-11 elo. Yes I got only 6 elo for winning a game versus a higher ranked elo team than my team. I have a screenshot of it. When I lost, I lost between 12-14 elo loss.

So it's hard to fight those odds and numbers, something was going on and it started since they launched the patch were people would keep their highest elo rating to determine their banners etc.

Last couple of days I notice an increase in quality of players again and I'm on a winning streak again.

So yeah you did something Riot and it ****ed up my rating at the end of the season.

But I'm sure boosting was part of it too so that sux.

ZeroKuno

11-13-2012

The thing is I have no idea if the OP is talking about the ELO Boosting referring as "People helping them out in a ranked team to get to gold" or "Someone playing on their account to get to gold".

Like all he is saying is that they shot up to 1500 and then went back down?
ELO Boosters could just get them to the desired ELO and then be done with their work.
The way OP is describing this situation is hella vague.

Niklox

11-13-2012

Hummm, I might sound stupid but... why elo boosting or duo queue with a high elo player is that bad?

Spiritside

11-13-2012

Well... one account I know for sure did it isn't banned that I know of. It's possible that they just don't get the S2 rewards, but I guess I'll never know =/

Butterscott

11-13-2012

I haven't played ranked in 2 monthes because theirs no point. It's like a coinflip. Half the peopel dont belong, and the other half are much better than they should be.

Nurlak

11-13-2012

You cant just assume everyone is boosting

kittyjamz

11-13-2012

cool