Elo Boosting - Not punished at all apparently.

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tempestphile

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawlerBrawler View Post
Pretty sure I saw a thread where Vesh explained that Sam got hacked multiple times by a fraudulent boosting service, and that's why he's implicated.

Vesh seemed very confident that Sam had not actually boosted
Then explain to me

Sam got hacked by a fraudulent boosting service

Does it sound like he tried buying the service (god knows why) and proceed to get his password stolen?

And the news where he was featured streamer (second news) was deleted by RIOT, why?

Anyway, its also clear about Hafu...

Tyrion Fordring

11-13-2012

Um... what is Elo?

Stormblind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
Nope- I don't want a misunderstanding floating around. Playing someone else's account- honestly for any reason- is against the Summoner's Code and is subject to disciplinary action.

Hopping into Duo-Que with someone who is higher ranked than you does not fall under this.

The punishment/bans for this are not my department, so I can't speak to this directly, but I also didn't want a culture of misinformation to inspire people to do something that could potentially get your account banned.

Also, to the OP, "shooting up" in Elo at the end of the season is definitely not an open-and-shut case of Elo boosting. Lots of players will only play their best champions at the end of the season or will make a concerted effort to 'play nice with others' due to the upcoming award. This group tendency to prioritize teamwork over desired role will definitely result in a bump in Elo- especially in the 1200-1500 range you're discussing. So it's possible there was no "Elo boosting" involved- only players 'buckling down' to get their highest Elo's.

But to be 100% clear, using a service or hiring someone else to play your account (whether to boost your rating or not) is not ok and is a bannable offense.
I'd believe this more if they didnt have over 200 ranked games play without any ability to breach 200.

Plus, as I said, There were in game, status updates specifically stating someone else was playing the account and not to message them. And chat logs (don't know if you have access to these) again, specifically stating the same.

And it was K

11-13-2012

Quote:
Nope- I don't want a misunderstanding floating around. Playing someone else's account- honestly for any reason- is against the Summoner's Code and is subject to disciplinary action.

Hopping into Duo-Que with someone who is higher ranked than you does not fall under this.

The punishment/bans for this are not my department, so I can't speak to this directly, but I also didn't want a culture of misinformation to inspire people to do something that could potentially get your account banned.

Also, to the OP, "shooting up" in Elo at the end of the season is definitely not an open-and-shut case of Elo boosting. Lots of players will only play their best champions at the end of the season or will make a concerted effort to 'play nice with others' due to the upcoming award. This group tendency to prioritize teamwork over desired role will definitely result in a bump in Elo- especially in the 1200-1500 range you're discussing. So it's possible there was no "Elo boosting" involved- only players 'buckling down' to get their highest Elo's.

But to be 100% clear, using a service or hiring someone else to play your account (whether to boost your rating or not) is not ok and is a bannable offense.
So what about Hafu "borrowing" her fans' accounts on stream to "practice" new champions all the way to 1500 in ranked?

...and Tweeting "#free elo" all the time when offering said service.

Militant GDI

11-13-2012

like Kades said I'm a pretty good example of this. I floated around 1600 for most of the season barely playing any ranked, I think I elo decayed and went up to 1600 then stopped playing ranked like 2 or 3 times.

Then during the last week I decided to tryhard and hit 1750 with really great Draven (and some others) winrates, and Draven was a champ I had only played in normals before.

It happens.

Thunderfrog

11-13-2012

What about win trading?

For a week there was a topic that showed players trading wins. The offenders even laughed it off IN THE THREAD.

No punishment and they now have plat rewards.

Tempestphile

11-13-2012

Wait, i am not being an ass

But i thought someone said some pro stream (HSGG i think) was playing someone elses account on stream?

Also that instance previously where Chauster played for Missy during her tournament, technically he played someone elses account too

Furymonger

11-13-2012

?

The Rain Girl

11-13-2012

Quote:
Playing someone else's account- honestly for any reason- is against the Summoner's Code and is subject to disciplinary action.
Does this include Family Members,or Boy/Girl -friends,husband/wife etc too?
Just asking..

WindowsVista

11-13-2012

My friend bled, clawed, and worked his way up from 1350 - 1850 in 2 weeks. It happens.

1234567 ... 9