Elo Boosting - Not punished at all apparently.

First Riot Post
12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stormblind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Kinda curious, I had atleast two people on my friends list from season 2 that couldn't, for the life of them, break 1200. Suddenly, over the course of a couple weeks, they shot up to 1500 (1300->1500 with like, 1-2 losses); and by the end of the season were back down to 1300. (with maybe 1-2 wins in between).

One would assume this is a fairly open and shut case of ELO boosting. Especially if Riot has access to in game status updates as there were at least a dozen statements of "not actually X."

But after reporting the meteoric rise about a month ago... absolutely nothing. Hell, I provided CHAT logs showing as much, but again, nothing.

Just kind of curious; I thought the policy was 0 tolerance for boosting.

For clarification: Main reason I got upset/butthurt about it? I have a few dozen friends who were trying hard to get into gold; but because of situations such as this happening, they kept getting close to 1450 and suddenly running into streams of people going 0/5 in laning or worse. If someone got boosted to gold and just sat on it I wouldn't give a ****. It's about the people desperately trying to get to gold who got screwed by the people playing at levels they don't belong in and sabotaging others. It's what I told my friends as well.

Pigsfoot

11-13-2012

Id hate to be your friend

Tenmar

11-13-2012

You really think that's actually going to be enforced? You are only in trouble if you get caught anyway.

Not much of a difference between being carried to diamond like Morello and being boosted. Team effort as they say.

Tempestphile

11-13-2012

people elo boost, RIOT protects them

see streamer Sam

and Hafu

Stormblind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenmar View Post
You really think that's actually going to be enforced? You are only in trouble if you get caught anyway.

Not much of a difference between being carried to diamond like Morello and being boosted. Team effort as they say.
I clarified up above; I agree. I honestly don't care about the person in question doing it. I care about them basically ****ing over others because they couldn't keep it in their pants and just enjoy their gold.

Amorianth

11-13-2012

Bump for justice

Authorized

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestphile View Post

see streamer Sam
See Hafu

Pigsfoot

11-13-2012

About 1/4 inch

And it was K

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestphile View Post

see streamer Sam
And Hafu, who clearly boosted people on stream, but is friends with Riot, so neither she nor the people she boosted got punished.

Shaka the Zulu

11-13-2012

I'm pretty sure you don't want riot to start perma banning based off some guys speculations. Without proof like the wins logging in from a different IP address than the losses they shouldn't take any action. A lot of streamers have already gotten in trouble. See AL RobertxLee

12345 ... 9