Concerning the emote thing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SearZocom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I'd like to draw precedent from another game I've been playing recently, Dota 2.

In Dota 2 your charachters are rude, scummy, and bad mannered. Whenever you kill someone ur charachter will often say something to harass/piss off the other player. Whenever you get a last hit you say something concerning the size of your peni~ I mean the amount of money you get, and whenever you deny a creep they scream out "GET DENIED LOSER" or something along those lines.

and thats not really considered bad over there, so thoughts anyone?

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

those are different communities.

riot wouldn't accept those stuff here, so we aren't obliged to do it either.

Emailsupport7346

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
those are different communities.

riot wouldn't accept those stuff here, so we aren't obliged to do it either.

Let me quote the Darius Patch Notes to prove you wrong here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNyandalee View Post
General
Fixed a bug where players could not spam emotes to their heart's content

Click here to view the patch notes on the League of Legends Timeline.

The biggest difference between the two community concerning this thread is most likely, that DOTA 2 players do not randomly get punished by a flawed crowdsourcing system.

Scandulous

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsupport7346 View Post
The biggest difference between the two community concerning this thread is most likely, that DOTA 2 players do not randomly get punished by a flawed crowdsourcing system.
**Do not have any say in whether they are trolled every second of every game.

@topic;
I don't play Dota2, but I'm assuming the phrases you point out are all emotes? If that's the case, that's how it is here, as well. Taunting someone when you beat them, laughing if they miss a minion... Having lots of audio back and forth is NOT the same as spamming emotes. The case in question involved someone playing piece of audio back to back constantly throughout the entire match, WHILE other players on BOTH sides asked him to stop. Is that how it works in Dota? S: