3 characters in each role with different styles.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skury420

11-13-2012

I have been thinking this for a while, and i feel that to be effective, i need 3 characters of variety for each lane, so that i can always at least soft counter who i'm up against. Any suggestions?

themaddscientist

11-13-2012

For Ad carry, I would suggest Ezreal, Kog'Maw and Graves to get a good mixture of different playstyles. Ezreal is all about dodging in and out of fights, pelting enemies into the ground. Graves can give a good early game advantage and shut down the enemy carry with his passive. Kog'Maw can pelt and harass at a distance, and gives a small amount of cc if someone tries to close in.

For jungle I suggest Maokai, Nocturne, and Nunu. They have varying degrees of sustain, tankiness, ganking power, damage, and one is designed for counter-jungling. I play Maokai and Nunu a lot as junglers and I find them to be two of the most effective in the jungle at the moment. Nocturne isn't bad, but I prefer someone who is a bit tankier.

For supports, you can take Blitzcrank (not always best since he's banned a lot), Soraka/Sona, Janna and Taric. They have very different early games and very different playstyles, allowing you to react to whoever you are going up against. Taric is the best as a good, safe, tanky choice that can also keep your carry alive and potentially. Soraka and Sona can both put out plenty of harass and sustain, so it is your choice which of these to take. Janna is amazing because of the movement speed buff to everybody, and her own, larger movement speed buff on herself.

Top is one of the most diverse roles, so you will want someone really tanky, someone with a decent amount of burst, and a tanky dps. Singed fulfills the first role pretty well as a disruptive tank, Cho'Gath can build into a bursty off-tank or a true tank depending on your preference, and Jax is the definition of a tanky dps.

For middle lane I suggest Ryze, Ahri and Galio. Ryze is a good, safe choice that benefits from a large mana pool, giving you amazing sustain when you put spellvamp on him. Ahri can pelt from a distance and is one of the most mobile mids out there right now, short of Leblanc and Kassadin. Galio is the definition of an anti-mage with his passive giving him ability power with magic resistance, allowing you to lead the charge, deal plenty of damage, and still give a good beating.

All in all, your own playstyle will determine what you like to take to different lanes. The choices I have listed are who I would like to put in each lane for diversity, but you are the one who knows your playstyle the best. Good luck getting your champion roster to where you want it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-13-2012

Jax and Riven should be two of your top laners.

Skury420

11-13-2012

I'm terrible at hyper aggressive early game champions excluding yorick. Oh and I am a terible jax too.

Maleric

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skury420 View Post
I'm terrible at hyper aggressive early game champions excluding yorick. Oh and I am a terible jax too.
Solution: Get better. You're talking about having champions to fit any situation, but they're not going to do you any good if you can't play that role.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
Solution: Get better.
This, pretty much.

I mean, the thread begins to become pretty pointless if it starts out as "Suggest to me champions!" so we start by listing some of the best champions in each position... and then you reply by telling us you're no good with any of those champions.

I mean, I don't know where to go from here.

All I can do is say experiment with every free week champion. Keep trying until you find some you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skury420 View Post
And I wouldn't consider Jax or Riven hyper aggressive early game champions. I consider Jax a late game champion, actually, and Riven is strongest in mid-game, I feel like.

It is possible that you're bad at Jax because you're playing him wrong, you know?