How do you think Zed will do when released?

Will be OP forsure after people master him. 35 20.59%
Meh, he looks a bit UP. 44 25.88%
He looks balanced, looks like a great champion. 85 50.00%
He's OP. 6 3.53%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Zed The Master of Shadows

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pitufito Dell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

I did a little testing on PBE, I have one issue whit him, that's his Q. Is soooo plain, does like nothing for his kit, that involve decieving and movement (is weird that every new champion can cast while moving, and old ones have to stop to cast). His kit seems quite interesting to me anyways. (20% Bonus AD is... ... well... powerful).

Lil122j

11-13-2012

Only got one game with him so far since people keep dodging, but he doesnt seem UP. His damage is great, but it can be tricky to getting it all on your target. Seems good so far.

Only thing I dislike about him is how he has caused me so many queue dodging. May be my bad luck, but it is just the worst out of any champ release I have been through. He is OP queue dodger.

Yuan Shikai

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladeviper View Post
im aware of how it works. what does his ult cd need to be for it to not be long in your opinion

Talon has 75 base cooldown on an ult with stealth and massive aoe damage, so yeah, that is pretty accurate.

Invictrix

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samizul View Post
Unfortunately you can't judge him by that - CertainlyT helped me out on Zed while I was out of town but I was his main designer. And since he's my first, we're just going to wait and see rather than pre-judging him. I can tell you I've heard both that he's overpowered and underpowered so I think the jury is still out.
Huzzah a red posted in champion feedback. The last thing that made me this happy was when I found this polar bear that could breathe fire.

Seen below polar bear that breathes fire.

Calderweiss

11-13-2012

Zed is an amazing champ! He is REALLY hard to master, but totally worth it. You guys made a really good champion here. Thanks so much for proving the haters wrong!

RobTron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

i think he will end up like lee sin OP if played well sucks if not but i have not played him yet going off youtube spotlight and what not

Valorae

11-13-2012

I'm not sue if this is a bug, and am looking for feedback from other Zed players:

When I trigger his ultimate on a target, I've tried casting a second shadow ahead (the idea being to now have two shadows casting these spells for wonderful damage maxima). I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but it seems this combination is interupting the ultimate; the shadow from the ultimate isn't casting, or the ultimate mark is not 'detonating.' I'm not sure if this was designed in, so if a designer wants to weigh in, please do!

Bladeviper

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitufito Dell View Post
I did a little testing on PBE, I have one issue whit him, that's his Q. Is soooo plain, does like nothing for his kit, that involve decieving and movement (is weird that every new champion can cast while moving, and old ones have to stop to cast). His kit seems quite interesting to me anyways. (20% Bonus AD is... ... well... powerful).
i believe it is 25% not 20, 5% per point

Arrevax

11-13-2012

His Q only does good damage when he hits it at the same time as his clone. It is a very thin skillshot, making it difficult to use even without your shadows.
His W provides a heavy damage bonus; his shadow juke is nice and balanced by its short range (just enough to get over most walls).
His E is very well made, in my opinion. If Zed alone uses it, it's just damage that he can use without stopping (making it a little helpful for chasing). It only provides CC if his shadow hits with it, meaning that he only has one form of CC, it's a skillshot aoe (with a decent cast time because of his clone having to get to its destination before use), and it's only a slow. This shows how Zed is mostly damage; I'd like to try using Exhaust with him instead of Ignite for my next match.
His ultimate is great. The cooldown is appropriate for a mid-range ability. It works great with his kit, allowing him to make some great plays IF he can use it correctly with his W shadow and other skill all at once. Otherwise, it's just his W shadow with a little more damage.
He's much better as a bruiser than an AD mage-style carry, if you ask me.

AbstractCool

11-13-2012

I've played Zed for only two games, and it is honestly blatant how awful he is atm, his ultimate is detrimental to his kit because 3 seconds allows for massive counterplay which would be alright if it wasn't for the fact that he can't kill anything without his ult because his moves do no damage, if you play him mid you get a bit better results but still fall flat on your face, He will be good when people master him AFTER he gets buffed.

TLDR : Higher ratios, reduce time activation on ultimate and boost damage contribution to it to compensate

Edit : I do love his playstyle though and the creator did a great job, just needs a fix