"English Only", or forcing users to play in their regions.

1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xiouu

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rafikerus View Post
Not everyone in north america speaks english. French and Spanish are spoken here too bro.
I'm not retarded, "bro." I bet you everything I own that the amount of English native speaking players outnumber the Spanish, French, Portuguese, etc, speaking players by more than 100 times.

I'm just suggesting a language filter so I'm not stuck with people I can't communicate with. Not only is the language barrier an issue, players from different regions play differently. I used my words lightly, but I'm sure you get the drift.

Brolafs Dad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

i live in toronto also but i dont expirience the language barrier as much, maybe i am lucky.

WheezerX

11-13-2012

ITT: Wanna-be humanitarians seek attention by disrupting a thread with a legitimate concern.

Malloreon

11-13-2012

As much as I wish we had the option to only get English speaking players in our matches, if they introduce an option to queue for only English speakers, I can guarantee you that a large group of the people that can't speak English will still queue in it, just to troll.

I had a ranked game earlier where I had THREE people that couldn't speak English. One of them, who was last pick randomed Yi (and we needed an ADC) and he went AP and sat in my mid lane. The "support" Amumu pinged madly for help on bot, so I went down to help him and he went off and started jungling (We already had a jungler..) and left me to solo against 2 people. The last one was just plain terrible.

Xiouu

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentXDoom View Post
i live in toronto also but i dont expirience the language barrier as much, maybe i am lucky.
I lose at least 3 or 4 out of 10 games a day (if I play 10) due to my team not cooperating, due to them saying "FK NOOB" "REPORT XIOUU FK NOOB" and other ridiculously inefficient phrases. **** noobs.

Atreyu444

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiouu View Post
I bet you everything I own that the amount of English native speaking players outnumber the Spanish, French, Portuguese, etc, speaking players by more than 100 times.
Pop. of Mexico

Pop. of Quebec

Hue

I do see your point but when you have non-English speakers in the US, plus Mexico and all of S. America playing on this server, you're going to run into this. I agree that there should be a language setting for matchmaking, but it's unenforceable, and I think you're rolling the hyperbole train a bit too much

Eleshakai

11-13-2012

I totally wanna learn enough Quenya and start speaking in Quenya in game.

Reamer

11-13-2012

mexico is in NA your xenophobic brat

A Silver Ranger

11-13-2012

Just call them noob until they use Google Translate and slaughter the translation and try to insult back.

Xiouu

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreyu444 View Post
I'm sorry I didn't know the whole Province of Quebec and the whole Country of Mexico play League of Legends. You're an idiot. </noflamejustsayin'>

1234567 ... 10