"English Only", or forcing users to play in their regions.

123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZodiarkSavior

11-13-2012

But, the English aren't even from North America ._.

King Roofus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiouu View Post
This is NOT a hate post.

Lately I've been experiencing very poor game-play due to terrible teamwork, which is due to the fact that 2 or 3 out of the 5 players do not speak English. I live in Toronto and it is definitely necessary that everyone who lives in Ontario can speak enough English to cooperate smoothly.

The players usually speak Spanish or Portuguese, and are often Brazilian. Now I know there are plenty of Mexicans and Latin-Americans on the North American servers, but is there any way at all there could be a setting that you select that asks for English only players?

I mean for one, Brazilians have their own region, and two, I'm sure anyone who speaks Spanish or Portuguese or any other language other than English would rather play with a full team who all speak that same language, right?

Regardless, I play soccer and I know that when playing with new teammates, language barriers can often make for poor teamwork. League of Legends is no different.
Not everyone in north america speaks english. French and Spanish are spoken here too bro.

Xiouu

11-13-2012

It just makes sense right? Three other players are playing with teamwork and speaking Spanish and I'm getting ganked and trying to backdoor lanes and there's just no communication due to lack of English/Spanish on a North American server.

Xiouu

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satanist Hobo View Post
If OP won't say it I will, virtually every BR who gives any indication they're BR is plain bad, uncooperative and generally selfish.
You're right, more often than not, and I don't understand why it is that way unless they're all under the age of 16.

RexSaur

11-13-2012

Except that this is the NA server, not the US server.

English isnt the only language spoken in NA.

Atreyu444

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiouu View Post
You're right, more often than not, and I don't understand why it is that way unless they're all under the age of 16.
A lot of them are... as far as I understand it, the Brazilian government gives free computers to students. That's why they flood free online games.

WheezerX

11-13-2012

I'm glad that I am not the only one who feels like this. I realize it's a "NA" server, but lately there seems to be a larger than normal amount of foreign languages being spoken, and it really interferes with the games. Yes, there are more languages out there than english, but communication is a huge part of the team work on this game, and getting tossed in with 2 or 3 "foreign language speakers" really hurts the game and you gotta hope you can just rely on their ability to judge what they need to do and when. (which is a really low chance it seems)

This isn't about "DERRHURR SPEAK ENGLISH OR GTFO MY ****RY", the complaint is that the vast majority of players on the NA server speak English, and having some one or a few players on the team who speak different languages adversely effects your team's performance.

Patchouli Kush

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexSaur View Post

Yet, in addition to region, language is specified. "English," check your patcher.

Atreyu444

11-13-2012

I don't care where the people I'm playing with are from, but I find it interesting that in a game where people can be reported and pushing for refusing to communicate, I'm regularly being matched to people with whom I literally cannot communicate.

Oh and "FK noob" "this jungle" "gg nub team" does not count

Defy Logic

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexSaur View Post

Although it may not be the only language spoken, it is the dominant language of North America.

When you click the arrow next to English at the top of the page, what do you see?

North America
- English

There are no other languages listed. The website is in English, the forums are in English, the game is in English. Get the hint?

123456 ... 10