"English Only", or forcing users to play in their regions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xiouu

11-14-2012

I'm quitting this garbage game.
It's ruined by the ****ing garbage little bean kids and their feeding, their lack of teamwork through poor communication "FK NOOB" "PUTA PUTA" and more. I just lost 4 games in a row because each game had more than one teammate who was speaking Spanish and they all fed.

Have fun with a community full of 13 year old ****ing garbage playing angry beans.

PEACE.

SP3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiouu View Post
I'm sure anyone who speaks Spanish or Portuguese or any other language other than English would rather play with a full team who all speak that same language, right?
No.

Oh wait wait, if you mean those who only speak one language, then yeah.

RangerRig

11-14-2012

Unfortunately most games I played with a South American in my team have gone like this

"fck noob" "Noob KS" "help noob" "noob team" "report nub pls" "JAAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA"

And those who do speak English are saying the same thing with better English. Its not only the language barrier, but also the cultural barrier as well. Riot needs to address legitimate issues of the Brazilian server and encourage South Americans to play in the server which is made for them.

UndilutedZealot

11-15-2012

First, I love how anyone who suggests that we be separated by languages is a racist. Anyone who didn't take enough time to read the idea and actually think about it is either a bigot or an idiot.

I think it's an amazing idea. As many have said, if I were to go to the eastern EU server, or an asian server, I wouldn't expect them to speak english. Same for real life: if I went to Brazil (god forbid) I would have the decency to learn their language before I travel.

Someone made a great point. I'm sure he and I are going to be flamed as racists but here it goes anyway. It's more than just a language barrier: it's a cultural barrier. This is obviously not for every single case. There are plenty of games where people can actually do well without even having to speak the entire length of the match. However, when it does affect gameplay, it SERIOUSLY affects gameplay, to the point of it being almost impossible to win.

Side note: I don't see the language barrier as a huge problem during the game. The biggest problem is pre game! Like the game I just played. This foreign language speaker (I believe he was speaking portuguese) had second to last pick. I had locked in a top player. Mid and jungle were also locked in. Th last two picks were him and someone else in the queue who had called adc a long time ago. This foreign person was going to lock teemo until we asked what he was doing. He responded "I ad." We all proceeded to tell him that he wasn't ad. He says "ok i jungle" and then he locks xin zhao. Great start so far right? The guy who was gonna play adc hastily locks a support champ (leona) When the game loads, xin zhao would NOT leave top, so i decided to go bot with leona to at least attempt to come back from this. Needless to say, against their bot, i was unable to do anything as a melee champ. I ended the game as 8 and 10, but the whole time this xin zhao was flaming me, constantly saying in all chat i needed to be reported.

That game was absolutely infuriating.

Side note: i believe 3000 rp to transfer servers is a rip off. Riot really should have an option to where if you were on the NA server before another server was introduced, your first transfer is free.

Anyway, yeah, theres a lot of problems with mixing cultures, and these problems are huge.

tl;dr: Stop calling everyone racist. It's the language problem and the people problem. You can ruin entire games just in the character selection if you dont speak the same language as the rest of your team.

Markx420

11-18-2012

Bump for summoners code justice