"English Only", or forcing users to play in their regions.

12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xiouu

11-13-2012

This is NOT a hate post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveHateSexPain View Post
If they speak all Spanish, or know very little English, then when they initially install the NA client, they'll chose their native language (I believe NA has like 6). So, why not make this choice matter? As in, when you go into a queue, the matchmaker takes your client's language into consideration, matching you with people whose clients are also in your language.
^ this would be the best resolution.

Lately I've been experiencing very poor game-play due to terrible teamwork, which is due to the fact that 2 or 3 out of the 5 players do not speak English. I live in Toronto and it is definitely necessary that everyone who lives in Ontario can speak enough English to cooperate smoothly.

The players usually speak Spanish or Portuguese, and are often Brazilian. Now I know there are plenty of Mexicans and Latin-Americans on the North American servers, but is there any way at all there could be a setting that you select that asks for English only players?

I mean for one, Brazilians have their own region, and two, I'm sure anyone who speaks Spanish or Portuguese or any other language other than English would rather play with a full team who all speak that same language, right?

Regardless, I play soccer and I know that when playing with new teammates, language barriers can often make for poor teamwork. League of Legends is no different.

A DeadMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

I see where you're going with this. Communication is key.

octavian1127

11-13-2012

Played against a 4 man pre-made from Spain the other day. They said they prefer NA server because they all speak English, but not French, German, etc.

Exile4eva

11-13-2012

Make up your own language to speak in as revenge.

ManinGray

11-13-2012

learn some F initiate words in foreign languages and use them in game. Problem solved.
Trollololololol

Tempestphile

11-13-2012

it will work only if Australia had their own server or NA to EU transfer is available and free, and the price of skins in China is the same as America

michelada

11-13-2012

:P

Saccharina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Racism !!!!

Ocarino

11-13-2012

bah no way ima play with brazileans i speak english

The Sterg

11-13-2012

If OP won't say it I will, virtually every BR who gives any indication they're BR is plain bad, uncooperative and generally selfish.

12345 ... 10