How to fix Karma....(took time, pls read :D) riot pls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darqside

11-13-2012

So before we begin, just know that I am not someone who just dabbled with Karma.
I love Karma. I think she is the most underrated champion!
I am usually right about this.

- Ezreal - He's good! - LoL community: "lol He's the worst AD in the game, hes ok AP"
- Malphite - Great solo top! - LoL community: "Omg he has no damge, he's a tank, bad solo top"
- Blitzcrank - <3 laning with ad carries - LoL community: "wtf is Blitz suppose to be anyway (no one used to play him =_=)"
- Morgana - great passive amazing ulti! - LoL community: "I'd rather pick annie (good pick anyway), Morgana is trash"
- Orianna - She's good just needs a bit of work (like karma!) - LoL community "She's pretty bad, range nerf op"

Just a few examples of champs that I thought were great before pros made them shine.
So bear with me hear.

She is not a support in the current meta, and I dont want her to be a dedicated support champ. The only ranged ad champs she is capable of supporting in the current meta are Graves and Tristana since they often get in your face to deal damage (especially graves).
I still want her to be one of the hard to play champs.

Health - Her base health is fine, so is her health per level and health regen.
Mana - Never really have Mana issues with her. A couple dorans and proper runes/masteries set up do the trick.
Attack damage - 50 base AD. Standard for a ranged champion. Keep it.
Armor - her base armor is fine
Magic res - 30 standard.
attack range - 425. bring it to 450.

Passive: Karma gains up to 30 / 50 / 70 / 90 / 110 / 130 ability power corresponding to her percentage of missing health.
- This is an amazing passive. It is really good and one of the reasons I play her. If you change this, she will no longer be Karma. Keep this passive the way it is.

Q - Heavenly Wave- This is one of her primary sources of damage. However it has a short range and can hardly b used to poke without using Spirit Bond (W) first.
To fix this, increase it's range and reduce the width of the cone. As an AP caster you will be more forced to pick out targets, but you can do it from a safer distance. You will still be able to heal mulltiple allies, however, they must be lined more more properly. (A good karma can still hit it.) As a support, she only has to care for 1 champ anyway. It will also give her that poke she needs without having to get in kill range of the ad&support, pushing lane, or having to use Soul Shield as often.

W - Spirit Bond - This is Karma's only form of cc and does no damage to the one tethered (and still shouldn't). However it is underrated, but still not as good as other supports or ap carries. Slows are not hard cc, and they do not interrupt anything. This has saved teammates and I countless times but in team fights she needs to be slightly more effective.
Add a .35 second silence to the bonded target and .15 second silence to all enemies who come in contact with her tether.
This will make her more effective as a support, ap mid and team fight champ without breaking her. You will be able to stop those channeled ultis. This will make her a viable counter pick to other champs. It also will make her choose to maximized effectiveness.
Trust me, her W is already pretty damn good. Just needs a bit of work.

E - Soul Shield - This is Karma's primary source of damage. I tend to max E and Q first. Taking E and lvl 1. Personally, I think this skill is already perfect and doesn't need work. Keep this as it is.
BUT! Still needs to synergize with Mantra. Right now it feels like Karmas moves and Mantra are not suppose to be in the same skill set. (will get to this!)
Make sure to have this maxed first. just saying.

R - Mantra - This is a replacement to a "Real" ultimate. I love champs like this, and this is why I loved Jayce as soon as I got him. Champs that has no "real" ultimate are always fun.
Right now you can only have 2 charges of Mantra, keep it that way. However! using her moves, along with mantra should provide a cooldown reduction bonus for the next mantra charge. This should only take effect if another champ is affected by the spell. Kind of like a Ryze passive but with mantra.
As it stands right now, karma NEEDS early CDR. Without her mantra she can only use Q to damage (W if used correctly, low damage due to low priority). She has to wait a long time for a mantra charge. Giving her this buff will make her more effective but would still force her to fight in order to benefit.

All abilities have 6 levels. REMOVE THIS, it is a gimmick and has no real effect.
Pls make it so those point's go to something.
Example: at level 6/11/16 you can give Q greater width, W a longer silence, and E more damage to targets in (very near) melee range,
i am not sure what I can do with this but Riot can think of something.
Just remove the 6 level gimmick. karma is always level 15.

EDIT: Thanks for reading my wall of text, I hope it doesnt fall on.... blind eyes? lol
let me know what you think!

EDIT1: If you on the thread pls, explain why you upvoted or downvoted.
Killing a thread that took my a while to write would suck for me.

LordTobiothan

11-13-2012

The W needs changed to be useful, and I like the slightly improved mantra effect when you level it, but don't change the Q it needs to be a wide cone so you can get teamwide heals off, you poke with karma by getting close using Q and popping shield, you wont get hurt.

Darqside

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTobiothan View Post
The W needs changed to be useful, and I like the slightly improved mantra effect when you level it, but don't change the Q it needs to be a wide cone so you can get teamwide heals off, you poke with karma by getting close using Q and popping shield, you wont get hurt.
That's what makes her use mana more than she has to.
If she has to use W to get close, E to not take damge, and Q to poke thats 3 moves you just used in order to get what lux/brand/annie/syndra countless other ap champs get from one move

i am not talking about players who just let you walk up and hit them. I play ranked with Karma, 47% win. I know it isn't good being the reason I think she needs some work.

Ghosthree3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Your post may be well thought out but, I couldn't keep reading after I read this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarksÓde View Post
I am usually right about this.
I'm not going to subject myself to potentially reading a wall of text composing mostly of you jerking yourself off.

Darqside

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthree3 View Post
Your post may be well thought out but, I couldn't keep reading after I read this:

I'm not going to subject myself to potentially reading a wall of text composing mostly of you jerking yourself off.
I don't think you understand what a wall of text is.
I used paragraphs. hence no wall if text. I also said, usually, I didn't say OMG IM ALWAYS RIGHT.

So it seems like the only one pleasing themselves here is you, thinking you are too good to read a thought out thread.

Ghosthree3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
I don't think you understand what a wall of text is.
I used paragraphs. hence no wall if text. I also said, usually, I didn't say OMG IM ALWAYS RIGHT.

So it seems like the only one pleasing themselves here is you, thinking you are too good to read a thought out thread.
Wall of text was just my way of saying really long post, which you know, which means you're just looking for things to be mad about. In no way did my post imply that I was too good to read it, just that I wasn't going to.

Darqside

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthree3 View Post
Wall of text was just my way of saying really long post, which you know, which means you're just looking for things to be mad about. In no way did my post imply that I was too good to read it, just that I wasn't going to.
I don't look for things to be mad about. I am not an angry person in general.
Also I am trying to talk about my fave champ and how we can fix here and here yo come bashing my thread. thanks for encouraging others to read it.

Ghosthree3

11-13-2012

Quote:
I don't look for things to be mad about. I am not an angry person in general.
Also I am trying to talk about my fave champ and how we can fix here and here yo come bashing my thread. thanks for encouraging others to read it.
If it makes you feel better, every post bumps it :3

Fiora All Night

11-13-2012

I don't think Karma is supposed to have long range poke on her Q like you want. I know you'd prefer it but I seriously doubt Riot would ever do it. She just doesn't seem like she was meant to be played like that and Riot probably doesn't want people to get longer range heals either.

Not sure what a .15 sec silence will do. I guess it stops them from casting if they are literally standing in the tether. Not really sure how you came up with the number on the W changes. Silence would probably work, but it isn't a very common CC for a reason. More likely would be a .5 sec stun on the target and a 35% slow on whoever passes through the tether. For allies the stun turns into a burst of MS with a smaller MS buff in the tether like now.

She will have 6 levels on her skills. That's what makes her Karma. What she really needs is to make her 6th skill level slightly better than a normal champs 5th skill level to compensate for not having an ult. A simple numbers buff ought to do the trick. Otherwise I like the idea of a CDR bonus for using her Mantra'd skills on a valid target. Helps her chain a bit better, but I do foresee it getting a bit silly when you give this new Karma an Athene's and max CDR.

N1ghtcrawler26

11-13-2012

Karma is getting a rework, regardless of your will or suggestions.

/thread