Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Where To Practise?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SinRG

11-13-2012

When I want to learn a new champion I generally play a few games with bots to understand the champs mechanics before taking him to Normal play (never ranked).

As soon as this happens, if I die once or twice (especially if its to a champion that I counter) I get flooded with abuse and am told to 'play bots'. Well... you get next to no experience from bots. Maybe if you could change their difficulty it would be a good option, but bots as they are are too piss easy/buggy.

What do you guys do when practising new champs? Do you just ignore all the haters?

I don't want to just play the same group of champions I KNOW I'm good at. That's not what's normal for....

Maou

11-13-2012

The point of playing a new champion in a bot match is to just get the basic fundamentals and skills familiarized. Many people try a couple bot matches to learn a new champs mechanics especially if it is something new like Syndra or Elise mechanics. If you're not confident in yourself when playing a new champ, do bot matches until you understand a champ before diving into a serious game.

Sephïroth

11-13-2012

When I obtain a champion I'm unfamiliar with I'll do two things.

I'll play a full bot or custom game first. Usually I go custom, so I can make the game go as long as I want and practice farming as that champion. Then finding what build suits me BEST in the BEST case scenario. Rarely will you have a cookie cutter build, but its nice knowing what does what on each champion.

After one full game I'll usually play 5-6 dominion games to learn how they team fight. This is important because each character has its own positioning it needs in a fight.

Sometimes if they are a champion that is hard to farm with I'll go 2 bot or custom games. You should end with around 300 CS. Farming is so important in LoL and when you pick up a new champion it is something you fall behind in for lack of understanding how to farm with that champion.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-13-2012

I always play at least a match or two in bot games.