Which item should I get for supporting?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AeroCraker

11-13-2012

I usually build 2 gp10, HoG and Phil Stone, then I buy t1 boots, aegis, then t2 (usually mercs or ninja tabi), then zeke's herald, finish my shurelyias. But then I still have a ton of gold left as the game progress and I want to upgrade my HoG, but i don't know whether to get locket or omen.

My supports are usually: Sona, Soraka, Janna, Lulu, Leona, Taric.

BuceTheCaboose

11-13-2012

For Taric and Leona; I would get Omen since you have to be in the middle of the team. The active would work in your favor.

For Sona, Soraka, Janna, and Lulu; I would get Locket. Your team isn't expecting you to dive into all of them and then activating the Omen active. So the shield + health regeneration is good too.

abSTRAkt

11-13-2012

Buy WARDS. Make sure you have minimum 3 on you in the early game then 5 stacks every time you go back. Sound to me like you're making WAY too many items and not buying enough WARDS! Even an oracles should be bought once you've began to secure the map.

Space Napkin

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by abSTRAkt View Post
Buy WARDS. Make sure you have minimum 3 on you in the early game then 5 stacks every time you go back. Sound to me like you're making WAY too many items and not buying enough WARDS! Even an oracles should be bought once you've began to secure the map.
So true.
But after you're all stocked up on those I would usually start building towards Rabadon's on supports like Janna, Sona, Soraka. At least that's what I would build. But by the time you reach Shuryela's, Locket, Boots 2, Zeke's, and Aegis the game will be ending soon, in my experience anyway.

OmniOblivion

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroCraker View Post
I usually build 2 gp10, HoG and Phil Stone, then I buy t1 boots, aegis, then t2 (usually mercs or ninja tabi), then zeke's herald, finish my shurelyias. But then I still have a ton of gold left as the game progress and I want to upgrade my HoG, but i don't know whether to get locket or omen.

You need Cooldown and Mana Regen to abuse your abilities. Although GP5 are items you need to get, you have to have Boots of Speed and wards up before considering to get any of the GP5s. The boots of choices are all dependent on the team comps.

At most, a shurelia should be good enough for a "core" item, since your main items should be wards.

AznGreen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

For me, I usually get the same thing for every support I play.

Maki Pendant, Philo, BOOTS(you wanna get boots before HoG if you want to survive the chase you will be having when you're ganked. It's safer.), HoG, Boots of mobility if you're an aggressive support like Taric or Leona and get CD boots if you're a passive support like Janna or Raka, then get Aegis, Shurelia, and from there, up to you to decide.

Leninon

11-13-2012

Hello AeroCraker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroCraker View Post

woah

(Sad that everyone posts grinds =>needy/greedy.)
Open your mind to the [role] [support] not so much champ specific.

1 try out [trap] champs or [ward ability] champs as grinding to get wards to get [gold brackets] is backwards

b. ward guide
this might help you stop wasting [team gold] and be more [effect]ive
http:///www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJZn68X-EaQ

2 There are some champs that need [clairvoyance] to complement their gameplay not just [support] for [push]es

3 Looks like you still havent grasped the gameplay of each champ's [kit] and [feats]

[support] merely fills the [push], no specifics as to your vote of their [goals]

Avoid Gp10:
a. Never invest pennies on very [lategame] ROI (return on investment) items early without a massive inheritence or funds => being fed ((usually the [push]er or [godlike] then becomes the only viable early invester

b. idk how long and painful your matches are, hope you hav an [enjoyable experience]

hav fun

Leninon

lastchancexi

11-13-2012

Aegis! Op item is op.

AeroCraker

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by abSTRAkt View Post
:/ Should've edited my original post. I usually buy wards when I have enough gold to buy and I don't buy oracles until lane is over.