If bot lane lost badly, is BD best option?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Game Theory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Premise:

Team A
1. Lee Sin top wins by a little (more cs, 1 or 2 more kills)
2. Diana mid wins by a bit (more cs, 2 or 3 more kills)
3. Rengar jungle is absolute trash. 1 total gank by 10 minutes, has no full item by 22 minutes.
4. Sona and Sivir bot lost badly.

Team B
1. Graves and Leona
2. Ryze
3. Shyvana
4. Riven

Team fights weren't going to be won by my team (Team A) (5 v 5s). Team B had good enough team comp, this was a normal game, but everyone was around 1500-1700 elo skill. So I as Sivir just backdoored the entire game and got to Nexus, but eventually lost the game. My team was supportive of my strategy, but I'm wondering if I could get some high elo opinions/perspectives?

Other info:
Team A was losing out of dragons, barons, objectives (lost all dragons/barons by 35 minutes).
Total team CS was relatively the same

Rusion

11-13-2012

BD is a snowballer, if you are winning by a bit, get it. But if you are not, go with Executioner's Calling, basically the same but costs less and has a good active. Anyway, in that situation I would get more on enemy hit items, like Rylai's or FH.

Aeternum

11-13-2012

Quote:
BD is a snowballer, if you are winning by a bit, get it. But if you are not, go with Executioner's Calling, basically the same but costs less and has a good active. Anyway, in that situation I would get more on enemy hit items, like Rylai's or FH.
"BD" refers to backdooring, not a Bloodthirster.

Executioner's Calling is 'similar' in that it has a lifesteal component. And yes, if you're facing a Mundo or a Vlad who are out of control (for example) then it makes sense to have one of these on your team.

If you're losing your lane badly, why would your ADC get a Rylai's? Just to say that they . . . did? I've seen some ADCs build a Frozen Mallet (FM), but I haven't seen an ADC yet rush a Frozen Heart and be happy with their damage output. Nor have I ever seen anyone refer to Rylai's or Frozen Heart as 'on-hit' items. (The Rylai's you could make a case for, but Frozen Heart? . . . )

/nitpick

Anyway, back on topic; with Sivir, Diana, and Lee (all of whom can clear spawns pretty quickly), you should be able to prevent your lanes from getting pushed. They've all got enough simple AOE to push the creeps around.

So, why not backdoor and split-push? You can use that AOE just as easily to defend your base as push other lanes. If you were warded, you might have been able to peel them off one-by-one (which I'm assuming happened from time to time), and kill them apart from each other. And, if ALL of them came to clear you from your lane, you'd be worried about escaping, and your team could go and put pressure on another lane.

rajo101

11-13-2012

Does anyone have teleport? If so, who?

Basically, as with all backdooring, the key when theenemy is already fed is to take little to no chance of getting killed afterward. You probably won't be ablet straight up backdoor. but if you can get a minion wave going fr a little bit, teamfight for a distraction, then teleport to the minions, it just might work. Might. Otherwise, I would say you are pretty much doomed. Unless you can sneak a baron in, but if Sivir doesn't have good damage output, Baron might take a while

Leninon

11-13-2012

Que tal elprofessor

Quote:
If bot lane lost badly, is BD best option?
woah, slow down. Do you know other [means] of [unconventional] to achieve the [ends]?
I hav yet to test and explore:
trolling the opponent's moral/goals ( just thwart it right out of the sky);
wild goose chases;
stalling opponents for time;
spying;
fraternizing with the enemy;
picking on the core or little guy ( especially riven as im getting the empression she built newbie without know the skills and gameplay OR breakdown solo mid player--they usually force team surrenders for his flaw);
take note of when and why they cast surrender

Not that I know anything senor elprofessor. Im always listening. Try not to get trolled perma ban tho, gl.

Hav fun

Leninion