Clairvoyance Suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeroFreakReth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2013

So I've been playing Dawngate lately. Their warding system is interesting because it makes sure everyone in the team is participating in it. Each person has 1 ward that they can place every so often and this makes sure there's no player stuck with buying nothing but wards. This brings me to my suggestion.

What if Clairvoyance allowed you to place a ward anywhere on the map? The ward would have a much shorter duration than regular wards and maybe a shorter sight radius. Additionally putting a mastery point on Summoner's Insight could allow the ward to reveal stealth or maybe increase its radius by a little. The new Clairvoyance would be a spell like Recall, usable by everyone. This at least takes off some of the burden of warding from the support/jungler.

Clairvoyance would still reveal the area, the ward is an added effect.

The5lacker

09-12-2013

So you not only want to give everyone free, global wards, but you want to not make it take up a Summoner Spell slot?
Wat?

ZeroFreakReth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2013

Not taking up a Summoner Spell is an additional idea. The main idea is to make it a free, global ward. The ward doesn't need to be global but I think it would make it a spell worth taking since you can ward anything without face checking.

The5lacker

09-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroFreakReth View Post
Not taking up a Summoner Spell is an additional idea. The main idea is to make it a free, global ward. The ward doesn't need to be global but I think it would make it a spell worth taking since you can ward anything without face checking.
You can also ward without leaving lane at all, removing counterplay.

ZeroFreakReth

09-12-2013

Remember the ward won't last as long or reveal as much. The sight range would be around the same as Teemo's shrooms.

The5lacker

09-12-2013

So you just want to make it pointless.

Alternatively, you can remember Clairvoyance basically does the same thing: It provides vision in an area for a short duration. Changing it to be longer lasting but terrible makes no sense.

ZeroFreakReth

09-12-2013

Oops. Forgot to include that when you cast it it still reveals the area but then it places the ward. That is why the ward would be weaker than regular wards.

The5lacker

09-12-2013

These are still 100% unnecessary and drastically unbalancing changes. We don't need MORE vision in the game right now. We need MORE people to intelligently use the vision granting tools we've got.

ZeroFreakReth

09-12-2013

This is just an idea to try and make Clairvoyance a little more popular. The ward doesn't need to be global maybe it should get a passive that generates 1 ward every X minutes. This could make it a little more popular. The reason why I bring this up is because it gets boring when everyone has the same summoner's every game. Clairvoyance might even get discontinued like Surge did. Anyways, thanks for your input.