"Scout" talent - useless ? Change ideas.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

copperpoint

08-01-2013

Hello, as we dont have a particular area for skill/talents I just post it here.

Recently I was wondering, in the support tree there is the "scout" talent.
Granting 25% bigger vision for wards. Thats great, but only for the 1st 3 seconds....
So far I have never heard of anyone picking that talent.

And really, why should I? So why not change it to make it more attractive ?
Both for supports as for junglers (I ward a lot as a jungler)

So what could it do instead ?
1= The 25% vision could be permanent - Sounds a bit too good.
2= More health for the wards - In rare occasions it could save you a ward, but doesnt sound great either.
3= Increased duration - This actually sounds really good. Not much, 10-30 seconds maybe ?
4= Refunding a small part of the money when the ward gets destroyed. - Nice idea, but limit it so that it only refunds BOUGHT wards and not ever ward. Sounds tricky to code.
5- Increase the range at which you can place a ward by 25% - Actually this is my favorite. You could ward a brush without getting too close anymore and you could throw your ward a bit further. Doesnt sound op, but useful.

Do you have ideas or feedback ? Did you ever use this talent and did it actually do any good ?
Hope for some feedback

BaronVonSlicey

08-01-2013

I like the thought of the last one the most - especially if it affected Sight Stone as well.

copperpoint

08-01-2013

I thought it to work for every ward placement.

But nothing else, not that somebody starts thinking that this might work on treshs lantern or stuff like that. ^^

Mathbalnase

08-01-2013

Duration or range both sound like they could be viable, and significant improvements over the current mastery

IonDragonX

08-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperpoint View Post
"Scout" talent - useless ? Change ideas.
Do you have ideas or feedback ? Did you ever use this talent and did it actually do any good ?
Hope for some feedback
Yes, it is useless. I like your range of use idea.

I'd come up with several better ideas in pre-season 3. Can't remember them all.

1) You could combine this mastery with the free ward mastery.
2) You could replace it with:
- Scout : You have an extra 100 visual range when you are not within sight of a visible enemy, enemy minion or enemy structure.

Hadien

08-01-2013

I once had an idea that the scout mastery should just allow wards to provide vision as unhindered by line of sight for the 1st 3-5 seconds. basically like a mini CV or lux Singlarity. for example, if you misplace a ward on the wrong side of the baron wall, you could still see over the wall into the baron pit and into the bush hugging red camp.

d4danimaI

Recruiter

08-01-2013

How about it makes wards reveal other wards for like .5 seconds. Enough to see if they are warding but not enough to kill wards.

It's good if used to "scout" if an area has a ward for the jungler instead of having to place pinks everywhere.

copperpoint

08-01-2013

@Solnos: I dont really need that to know if they ward or not.
When I go supp I just check his items to see if he has green or purples with him. And every once in a while I check if he still has them (especially after he left my vision once)

SO usually I know already when he wards and in a lot of cases where.

a1sock

08-02-2013

its not useless, great for pinks or checking objectives when their entire team is missing. I really dont think its worth a point unless your already going for 21 in utility and dont want to put it into anything else

d4danimaI

Recruiter

08-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperpoint View Post
@Solnos: I dont really need that to know if they ward or not.
When I go supp I just check his items to see if he has green or purples with him. And every once in a while I check if he still has them (especially after he left my vision once)

SO usually I know already when he wards and in a lot of cases where.
Yes, but that doesn't mean there aren't other people who set wards besides supports. It also makes a difference to know where a ward is set. River bush, corner, dragon. You can just assume that its some place. But it makes a difference to know exactly where.