I might not play League anymore due to certain items removal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

R3dRain

11-13-2012

I with MisterTangerine on that mardreds bloodrazors was only good on high attack speed champion vs tanky champion that did not build more then 100 mr but after that point less you have max AS then it not going to do alot for you. They is only two champion that had a high useage for the item which is ww, teemo and yi.

Stoneslasher

11-13-2012

KissingTheShadow: I mostly play Korean client so not many chance I can queue with you pal :P

Stoneslasher

11-13-2012

R3dRain: That's what I'm talking about. Glad someone knows the truth.

BP Jester

11-13-2012

you are a fresh level 30. Let's assume you don't know all too much about balance of the game.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-13-2012

Okay, since you still refuse to believe that you could possible be wrong...

1) Tanks/beefs don't often end up with all that much more health than carries, typically 50% more health at best.
2) Madred's was intended to be an AD's solution to tanks/tanky champions, however it deals magical damage. Considering tanks/tanky champions are hard to kill due to their resistances, lack of working with Penetration
3) Attack Speed has been under-costed on all items, and is being looked at in general.
4) They will have multiple build paths for the jungle, iirc I've heard mention of at least 5 T2.5-3 jungle items (items that would be after Madred's Razor).
5) It looks like an option for squishies to deal with tanky champions, when in fact it helped tanky champions kill squishies even faster, while not actually being beneficial to squishies.
6) There are entire threads devoted to discussing Riot's decisions in S3, and they've only revealed the tip of the iceberg...

P.S. 'Glad someone knows the truth' sounds really fracking obnoxious, arrogant, and condescending...
P.S.S. Oh, you're one of those people who thinks Riot only reads NA, so you make an NA account to come ***** in the New Player Forum... That's really becoming, and will make them listen to every word you say. (Note, I'm being sarcastic, it makes you come off as a tool.)

Stoneslasher

11-13-2012

Panzerfaust: First off, I didn't know this is New Player Forum. My apology. I just was so frustrated after hearing what will happen to those items in S3, then I thought that Riot is an Amercan company, of course, I ended up uploading this thread here because I didn't really care about what the topic is. I wanted somewhere that Riot officials could possibly see. And I thought it is much faster to let the guys who make calls, and I believed it is American Riot workers. I hope that you see how much desperate I was.

And don't get me wrong. I've been playing League longer than a coupla years now, which means I started playing NA client a long time ago. I didn't make this account just to rant and rage. I'm just saying this because I'm under the impression that you're regarding me as some really obnoxious person.

P.S. I think your nick is kinda cool.
P.S.S. How did you happen to be an Emissary?

Burbinator

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damein Sandow View Post
s kit in no way. Warwicks ult plus w is enough to get his passive stacks high, and Warwick dont' need attack speed items to help out. It would be wasting gold. w is an attack speed boost move, buying more attack speed when attack speed has diminishing returns is not cost effective. Plus his ultimate amplified life steal, and had an ad ratio, if you get offensive items on Warwick a lifesteal item is it. Not wit's end or madreds blood razors.
Lol this is really really really wrong. Attack speed stacks poorly with attack speed, sure, but you're not buying these items for their attack speed, you're buying them for their on hit effects, which DO scale well with attack speed. WW's ultimate has an ad ratio, sure, but it's NOT 1:1 meaning that his ultimate benefits more from onhit effects, since each "hit" applies onhit effects while not actually doing the full damage a real "hit" would do. Attack speed further synergizes with warwick's passive.

The reason people do not build madreds razor on warwick is because as a jungler, you lack gold and as a tanky initiator you cannot afford to go a high damage low survivability item. And lanewick is only good because of his q spam, which means you prioritize different items (mpen, cdr, and resists etc not his AS/onhit build). Madreds is fine if you are somehow capable of getting lots of gold by early game, which is never ever going to happen considering his poor pre-6 ganking potential, but there it is.

You completely do not understand how to build warwick. You posted your misconceptions in a previous thread, except you stated that you would refuse to look back on any responses (even though it was your own thread!) which really pisses me off. The point of a forum is communication, don't post a thread and then make another post in that thread in which you explicitly ignored everything else everyone said.

The OP is wrong but so are you.

Quote:
Madreds has never been a very good item in the first place. I haven't seen a single high level player recommend or use the item on any champion, EVER, and I have also seen maybe two or three built within my seven hundred ranked games.
Madreds is viable on a very fed carry build irelia. Similar to the idea of wickd getting both ionic spark and wits end, your attack speed is incredible and you also output a mixture of physical/magic/true damage which makes it very difficult for them to counter your damage. I've seen it on a very high elo irelia in ranked 5's (she stomepd us...) only works if you can destroy your lane early and you need that damage to beat the other lanes who aren't losing that badly or going even. It provides a nonsignificant amount of armor too, after all, though of course in most cases simply going ionic spark is more viable. It's still a very very very very situational buy and you'll never be "wrong" not getting it, to be honest.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbinator View Post
Lol this is really really really wrong. Attack speed stacks poorly with attack speed, sure, but you're not buying these items for their attack speed, you're buying them for their on hit effects, which DO scale well with attack speed. WW's ultimate has an ad ratio, sure, but it's NOT 1:1 meaning that his ultimate benefits more from onhit effects, since each "hit" applies onhit effects while not actually doing the full damage a real "hit" would do. Attack speed further synergizes with warwick's passive.

The reason people do not build madreds razor on warwick is because as a jungler, you lack gold and as a tanky initiator you cannot afford to go a high damage low survivability item. And lanewick is only good because of his q spam, which means you prioritize different items (mpen, cdr, and resists etc not his AS/onhit build). Madreds is fine if you are somehow capable of getting lots of gold by early game, which is never ever going to happen considering his poor pre-6 ganking potential, but there it is.

You completely do not understand how to build warwick. You posted your misconceptions in a previous thread, except you stated that you would refuse to look back on any responses (even though it was your own thread!) which really pisses me off. The point of a forum is communication, don't post a thread and then make another post in that thread in which you explicitly ignored everything else everyone said.

The OP is wrong but so are you.
he already has attack speed steroid, building more deminishes this benefit had he just spent that gold else where. The money you saved on madreds blood razors allows you to invest in either tankiness or damage how you please so choose to play.

Again, the on hit effect of madrids razor sucked. 4 percent of their total hp combined with magic resists is like 1 percent of the total hp per on hit effect. That is terrible. If you just got AD item you'd have more damage.

Warwick is considered a low tier champion, one reason is that the mainstream build path for warwick were faulty such as people getting madred's blood razors on him.

Plus I saw the real reason's why they got rid of madred's blood razors I am not oblivious to it, go see their thread, they clearly admitted it was not viable in any situation compared to alternative item selections. This includes warwick.

In the end you're wrong. (see any one can call any thing wrong, like a small child who doesn't know better like you behaved as, when you could of just stated your reasons with out making rash conclusions like a little kid).

mambawarrior0

11-13-2012

Madred's bloodrazor is almost entirely worthless against tanks, due to their high magic resistance. It works far better against carries, and overall gives too little damage to justify the price (3 gold shy of an Infinity edge) on ANYONE, including Warwick.

And I would MUCH rather have a wriggles lantern than a Madred's bloodrazor, sorry.