I might not play League anymore due to certain items removal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stoneslasher

11-13-2012

Damein : Thanks for your concern, but the bottom line is that Warwick is a tank. So getting some additional offensive items like berserker's greaves or another vamp items are not good ideas. (Unless you have 7 slots for your champ. All we have is six slots) to max his attack speed, and thereby maxing his vamp efficacy, by my calculation, two recurve-bow-derived items are ideal. On top of which, Madred even had Armor.

and these days maxing his W first which grants him attack speed is obsolete and kinda newbieish. To run a successful Warwick you should max his E in advance of anything. This is to max the team's map awareness. I'm sure you didn't run your Warwick this way. So how are you going to get the attack speed you don't have while you didn't max W? Take a guess.

Thanks anyway.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-13-2012

how can 2 recurve bows on warwick be ideal when his w granted enough attack speed and any recurve bow would grant less attack speed than normal simply due to his w granting attack speed? How would you need a recurve bow to get stacks on warwicks passive when warwicks ult plus his w was enough?

why would you even build around warwicks passive? It is about winning fights with people and that small lifesteal on the passive if built around will lose you alot of fights, compared to just buying a bildewater cutlass.

Recurve bows fine of shyvanna, but you fell for a noob trap if you buy attack speed on warwick. You need ad resistances, and lifesteal. NOT hp and attack speed on warwick. Shyvanna could use the attack speed. WArwick not so much.

OriginalJack

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneslasher View Post
OK I may have exaggerated a bit. But when I said I will leave it means there is a chance I might lose interest in this game because of the removal.

Nerfing or Buffing on items is one thing. But a complete removal just doesn't feel the same.

I think I am spamming anecdotes of Blizzard but let me share my experience of "how I lost interest in WoW". In Lich King Season I was so into my Feral Druid's Full Armor pen. it was a decent experience. Comparing how other lads did with their dmg and stuff was awesome. All those hard work to get my Full armor pen completely paid off. But, alas. Blizz changed the whole meta. A complete REMOVAL on Armor Penetration. I mean, what did they think about the value of my efforts I put? The time? and my personal attachment to that?

Now, the same thing is about to happen. Nerfing or Buffing - simply, evolving the items sounds more plausible. But I don't think I am ready for accepting complete REMOVAL on certain items. Especially, I am not denying this, on Madred's Bloodrazor. It was inevitably symbol of one of those core items that many users loved. And I am sure that most of them will feel horribly sad. Revolution, not evolution, should create a massive number of users' agony. And a certain number of them might just leave League because of that. It will not be solely on that reason, but it will create other reasons to come.

I am not really sure if I'm gonna leave League. But atm I am angrier than AVGN.
I never played WoW so a large chunk of this post is meaningless to me but you are the first person I have heard complain about the Madred's change. I'm really not going to miss it and I'm glad it's being removed so that people will stop wasting money on it.

Stoneslasher

11-13-2012

I said u gotta max E first. READ AGAIN.

Stoneslasher

11-13-2012

Well, you haven't experienced E-maxed WW I can see. then this argue will get us nowhere.
But I do seriously appreciate your post.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneslasher View Post
I said u gotta max E first. READ AGAIN.
even if you max his e first, buy the time you get your attack speed items you will eventually hit level 18 and max your attack speed move, thus at that time it would be weaker. So from buying attack speed you are weakening your late game. Again this is not ideal on Warwick, yes I would agree to do it on shyvanna it would strengthen her entire game.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecclesian View Post
You really guna leave LoL just over one item?.... I seriously doubt that. In fact, I know you are full of **** and aren't going to stop playing the game over one item.

Bye, you won't be missed. There are millions of others players and more and more every day. So bye.
For someone that complains about the community as a whole, you sure aren't interested in improving it.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

11-13-2012

Comparisons to WoW aren't valid. That's an RPG. The whole game is built around the idea of progression. You have a character that you work hard to get levels and gear for over a period of time, strengthening your bond with them.

This is a MOBA. While your account goes through some mild progression this is not, at its core, a game about progressively improving a single character that you identify with. You should not have the same feeling of loss just because a champion (or an item) changed, because you aren't losing anything that you earned. There's no progression being undone.

This thread is also has nothing to do with new players and is unsuitable for the New Player forum. Why wasn't this posted to GD or—I dunno—the Item Discussion forum?

Stoneslasher

11-13-2012

Damein Sandow: No... nononono U just need to see what it is like this meta is about getting early game and late game at the same time. I carried so many times with this build when my team seemed so miserable. But I am not gonna post my build here for I do not want some people trashtalking over it. But lemme say when I carried the average KDA was like 9/0/24 on a good day and 1/3/20 on the worst day. I'm talking about a tank who barely dies and still deals massive dmg

anyw thanx again.

KissingTheShadow

11-13-2012

Sounds like a rager. Hope you do actually leave so I don't get queued with you ever.