The New Blackfire Torch Passive Explained

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2012

For starters not all all ap benefit from this item, in fact that ones that benefit more are the already popular, but let's say for a second that it benefit all ap equally, those ap are still overshadowed by the already popular ap. So their viability didn't change.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ben Caxton

Senior Member

11-13-2012

From what I've heard, Zyra's plants also proc the passive on this item.

I could see this, her buff control, and her ability to do true dmg after death, making her and attractive choice on TT.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ardnalis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Caxton View Post
From what I've heard, Zyra's plants also proc the passive on this item.

I could see this, her buff control, and her ability to do true dmg after death, making her and attractive choice on TT.
Haven't tested this patch, but last patch they did. Of note, however, Heimer's turrets did not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demonite10

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroyok View Post
Time to experiment with AS/AP Twitch. Guess it would also go well on AS/AP MF too. Would Lux and Orianna proc it with their autoattacks? Does Executioner's Calling also proc it?
Ok so, in staying true to the passive, "triggers on spells," Twitch's AA does NOT proc it, since it is not a spell(I'm guessing). I'm guessing this would hold true for Exec Calling as well. Anybody test it on Alistar yet?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoidInsanity

Senior Member

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroyok View Post
Ok so, in staying true to the passive, "triggers on spells," Twitch's AA does NOT proc it, since it is not a spell(I'm guessing). I'm guessing this would hold true for Exec Calling as well. Anybody test it on Alistar yet?
Twitch passive does not trigger it because it is true damage. It works for Alistar and it hurts a ton.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyDeadGrandma

Senior Member

11-18-2012

Damage type does not matter. Casting spells is what triggers it. Alistar's trample is the odd exception to the rule that passives do not proc spellvamp/rylais/bft.

That, and Twitch's passive is on-hit, and to my knowledge, on hits don't trigger bft.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demonite10

Senior Member

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
Damage type does not matter. Casting spells is what triggers it. Alistar's trample is the odd exception to the rule that passives do not proc spellvamp/rylais/bft.

That, and Twitch's passive is on-hit, and to my knowledge, on hits don't trigger bft.
Doesn't Teemo's auto from E trigger BFT?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyDeadGrandma

Senior Member

11-18-2012

Nope. Chogath's might, because they made his E an exception for rylais/spell vamp.


123