A thought: AP Nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztophat View Post
I've used Unholy Grail on AP nasus as well and it feels like overkill on the mana.

I would stuff a ROA in that slot instead, more survivability for when you want to introduce those who mock your AP build to your lichbane Q.
I chose it mostly for the MR though. RoA is a nice suggestion though, but Nasus just burns through the mana if you are pushing with Spirit Fire.

I was considering having the Choice 5th being either a Rylai's or Abyssal, just to give some MR shred combined with Armor Shred. Both give survivability.

HandOfBlood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

I wanted to try it one game. After asking for it, I had a Veigar instalock and the whole team back him up cause they didn't want me mid.

I proceeded to get wrecked by a Lee top

Killrazor

11-12-2012

spirit fire is actually strong when going AP, just for the fact that people do not expect it... lol

bierfaust

11-12-2012

AP Nasus has been around for nearly as long as dominion.

Why is it that SR players are so far behind DOM players when it comes to seeing builds and champion viabilities?

Jayce was op in DOM within 3 weeks of release and it took SR "pros" nearly 5 months to realise how bs his kit is? lawl

zztophat

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
I chose it mostly for the MR though. RoA is a nice suggestion though, but Nasus just burns through the mana if you are pushing with Spirit Fire.

I was considering having the Choice 5th being either a Rylai's or Abyssal, just to give some MR shred combined with Armor Shred. Both give survivability.
Trouble is that while you can push in to a destroy towers quickly with spirt fire it leaves you vulnerable to ganks. I would not do so until you have a few levels and tier 2 boots. The catalyst will give you plenty of mana as long as you pace yourself during that period.

Once you have some good gear and can deal some real damage (and mana is less of an issue), push away and watch that tower crumble.

zztophat

11-12-2012

Remember that morgana can also push a lane hard with her soil and due to it's range, do it without over extending, but it's not a good idea to burn all your mana doing that, same thing with Nasus.

Pace yourself, get some farm, then bully them back to base and before they can run back to lane: take their tower.

rolanblunts

11-12-2012

I went full AP nasus before, built him like a mid, but took him top . I was doing great the first 6 mins (outfarming them by like 12), but then their jungler literally camped top from then on, because their top couldn't shut my farm down alone. Needless to say, I didn't have the best lane phase, and they took my tower early and then left me to farm alone (they thought they shut me down). The build was something like Lichbane, mercs, RoA, Dcap, Abyssal, Zhonyas. By the end of the game, I was like 12/7/5 (was like 2/5 when they took my tower) and had taken more towers than anybody else.

Gespens

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bierfaust View Post
AP Nasus has been around for nearly as long as dominion.

Why is it that SR players are so far behind DOM players when it comes to seeing builds and champion viabilities?

Jayce was op in DOM within 3 weeks of release and it took SR "pros" nearly 5 months to realise how bs his kit is? lawl
Viability =/= Optimal. Because of this, the meta in SR, Dom, TT and PG are all very different.

Nasus is naturally meant to be a damage sponge tank. Farm dat Q, kill everyone with it in late game. as Tanky AD nasus with Triforce, you exceed 4000 HP with ult up. With this build, I do not think you even exceed 3.3k HP with it up, unless you get RoA/Rylais.

However, if you decide to go mid and stack some early MR, you basically become a ***** to push out of lane thanks to your passive lifesteal, strong pushing power and anti-gank W.

Gespens

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztophat View Post
Trouble is that while you can push in to a destroy towers quickly with spirt fire it leaves you vulnerable to ganks. I would not do so until you have a few levels and tier 2 boots. The catalyst will give you plenty of mana as long as you pace yourself during that period.

Once you have some good gear and can deal some real damage (and mana is less of an issue), push away and watch that tower crumble.
Good point. Would an early Philo help his mana/health problems and farm assistance?

BraumBackMountin

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gespens View Post
lichbane
frozen heart
unholy grail
rabadon's
choice 5th
tier 2 boots

he exceeds 500 ap, meaning his q will proc over 600 damage by end game with 0 farm on it, it is on about 2 seconds of cooldown, his spirit fire will be dealing 1000+ damageif they are caught in the full duration. You have some decent resistances and your kiting ability is pretty strong thanks to wither. Your ult will also deal 10% of their health per second before resistance checks, so you still can go somewhat tanky.

Has anyone actually tried this before?

the fuq are you smoking?! His q is all physical and doesn't scale with ap! Am i the only one who noticed this?!