AP or AD Poppy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FuzzyJay

11-19-2012

I really like Poppy but im not sure whether i should play ap or ad. Ive seen an ap poppy where he just e,q and took away like 3/4 health on rammus but ive also seen a lot of ad poppys that deal a lot of damage too. Help?

Great Pyrenees

11-19-2012

Well if you want to go bruiser start berserk greaves, Ghostblade, Last Whisper, Trinity force, GA, Black cleaver. But Poppy is a tank bruiser hybrid so i would reccomend. Ninja tabi, Ghostblade, Last Whisper, Sunfire cape, GA Black cleaver.

Amalickiah

11-20-2012

Are you asking which is better? Because it depends a little bit on your personal preference and alot on your ability to farm. Personally I always build a trinity in 5v5 when I am in top lane or jungling. You can basically build whatever you want after trinity and still wreck people. Trinity plus IE wrecks people, Trinity plus deathcap wrecks people, trinity plus maw of malmortius makes you damn near unkillable, etc.

In my experience, solo top is the best place for Poppy and the best way to get farm there is to use a good mix of offense and defense masters and lots of armor and flat ad runes so that you don't get pushed out of lane. Rush a philo and get sheen -> trinity, then Shurelyas. Most games don't last long enough do build much more past that, but if they do just build against the enemy team comp (Glacial Shroud if they have fed a fed adc, hexdrinker if they have a fed AP, etc.)

Thorston13

11-20-2012

Go AD.
Trinity + Gunblade
Start with the Philo for the regen and rush trinity, from there on gunblade and you should be fine.