Thought process behind removing thornmail?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brughald

11-16-2012

Why, just why?

slamor

11-16-2012

I never found thornmail to be a trap item like I would not get it to counter darius.

Dolphin PhD

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
This is where I defer to the last point, where it's targeted towards a group of characters that are already disadvantaged on the map.
Is there a point to bringing up champs who already have a disadvantage? I mean, I could name champs who are always at a disadvantage in every game type... EVEN SR. And that is because they are out dated. Or just don't blend well into the meta.

I think Thorn mail is needed, only thing that keeps crit champs in line on TT. I feel like removing thorn mail is making it more rewarding to just run full AD teams.

Not to mention with the Armor pen changes in S3... If those are still in line.

TheGhostOfBernie

11-19-2012

Oh come on, just chop the effect in half and call it Thornvest! Last time i checked, there was an issue with full AD teams stomping TT, so they take out Thornmail? When I saw it was gone i thought it was a bug, when i saw they didn't replace it i was certain it was. First time I've been 100% against a Riot decision.

The Untold

11-19-2012

Thornmail hurts carries way worse then bruisers, which is the problem.

orc72

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
This is where I defer to the last point, where it's targeted towards a group of characters that are already disadvantaged on the map.
I don't get this. I build randuins or frozen heart to counter ranged ad carrys. It reduces there damage and lets me close the gap to kill them.
I build thornmail to counter Sion, Xinzhao, Trynd, Olaf who will last awhile and deal consistent damage to me.

Chick3n Chas4h

11-20-2012

well if you want throne mail in that game use Rammus?.