So how is Olaf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RightfulSin

11-12-2012

Hey-O all. I have been thinking of possibly getting Olaf. i mainly jungle as my main role, but I do own jungler who can off-role something else as well, like support or top. I have Maokai (jungle/support), Skarner (only really jungle), and Shyvana (jungle/solo top). I have been thinking of him because he seemed interesting to me and I also have played him a bit when he was free to play a bit ago, and it was quite fun.

How is he? Is he thought of as a good jungler and good something else? I have seen him solo-top and I did play him there and jungle and had fun and did well, but is he usually thought of as good in those roles? Is he competitive in those roles? I do like how he can kinda just build health and still cause huge damage and be damn near unstoppable. I have around 5k IP so anybody under there is an option, and as I said I do main jungle, but I can and sometimes do, off-sole solo-top or support depending on who I use. I can support Maokai and I can solo-top Shyvana, and I did play Olaf solo-top a bit and I faced-rolled the enemy Cho'gath.

I would appreciate any response in regards to this. Thank you in advance.

cornstalk89

Recruiter

11-12-2012

He's very strong as a top laner, and although i do not jungle, i've been wrecked by jungle olafs. hes pretty fast clearing.

I play him top lane, and what i like to do is build him as a tank, stack HP, and finish with Atma's Impaler, It makes him hard to kill while he can deal a decent amount of dmg.

Probably my favorite champ to play.

Rezo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightfulSin View Post
How is he? Is he thought of as a good jungler and good something else?
He came here to kick butt and drink Graggy! Looks like he's all out of Graggy

but seriously hes alright, I like skarner more but olaf counters certain champs top...and when olaf counters he really really really counters.

OmniOblivion

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightfulSin View Post
Hey-O all. I have been thinking of possibly getting Olaf. i mainly jungle as my main role, but I do own jungler who can off-role something else as well, like support or top. I have Maokai (jungle/support), Skarner (only really jungle), and Shyvana (jungle/solo top). I have been thinking of him because he seemed interesting to me and I also have played him a bit when he was free to play a bit ago, and it was quite fun.

How is he? Is he thought of as a good jungler and good something else? I have seen him solo-top and I did play him there and jungle and had fun and did well, but is he usually thought of as good in those roles? Is he competitive in those roles? I do like how he can kinda just build health and still cause huge damage and be damn near unstoppable. I have around 5k IP so anybody under there is an option, and as I said I do main jungle, but I can and sometimes do, off-sole solo-top or support depending on who I use. I can support Maokai and I can solo-top Shyvana, and I did play Olaf solo-top a bit and I faced-rolled the enemy Cho'gath.

I would appreciate any response in regards to this. Thank you in advance.
Olaf's passive allows him to clear jungle camps very quickly. But this also means he's very weak to ganks in the jungle. A smart team will place a ward in his jungle and try to kill him there.

Landing your axes and kiting with it is how you play top lane Olaf. The biggest weakness for Olaf is anyone who can burst him down quickly or simply keep their distance from him. Remember that you can still reduce his attack speed through his ultimate, so anyone like that can stand toe to toe with him at least.

And of course, shields. Because that Reckless Swing will do jacksquat against them.

Floggle

11-13-2012

I agree olaf is cool!