Akali, the AD burster?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aiyira

11-12-2012

Not sure if there has been a thread regarding this yet, but I'll just make a new one to save some time. So I was playing an Akali game and I noticed something weird. After the game finished, I went to the grid to check out the overall player stats. I was surprised to see that my overall damage was 86k physical damage and 51k magic damage. This was quite puzzling considering the only physical damage Akali has is from her E and auto attacks (Not to mention her passive adds magic damage to her auto attacks). I know I auto attacked sometimes between bursting my spells and auto attacking afterwards while my spells were on cd, but I don't see how the E and auto attacks alone can make 60% of my overall damage be physical considering most of my damage would come from my Q (Q + Q proc) and my R. Honestly, I think I used my spells a lot more than my auto attacks and only used auto attacks when last hitting. My build was sitting at Merc Treads, Hextech Revolver, Rylai's, Lich Bane, Death Cap and a Quick Silver sash because of Skarner pulls. As you can see, all my items were heavily AP, no AD items at all. I was wondering if someone could explain/elaborate on this. Thanks.

Steelflame

11-12-2012

Notice that big old item call Lich Bane in your inventory.

That is why.

It's damage is classified as physical damage, which is one reason I consider it slightly unbalanced. If it was magic, you could itemize against it while itemizing against the champ. As is, it makes certain champs deal very mixed damage, while heavily boosting said damage.

Gottherebound

11-12-2012

Last hitting.
Oh and I think I'm the only one who runs AD quints/reds on her if my lane is real tough.

Doom Maggot

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelflame View Post

That is why.

That, and her E is physical damage, and used for farming minions, so would do a lot of damage over the course of the game.

Captain Jamaica

11-12-2012

lichbane is physical

IS1d0031a3c75dca85183eb

11-12-2012

I have 4k games played and I just learned that Akali's E is Physical Damage.

Am I bad?

Odenmaru

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pool Party Ziggs View Post
I have 4k games played and I just learned that Akali's E is Physical Damage.

Am I bad?
Is a man dropping from the sky magical?

IS1d0031a3c75dca85183eb

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odenmaru View Post
Is a man dropping from the sky magical?
Only if he is wearing a skirt and you look up.

Aiyira

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelflame View Post

That is why.

It's damage is classified as physical damage, which is one reason I consider it slightly unbalanced. If it was magic, you could itemize against it while itemizing against the champ. As is, it makes certain champs deal very mixed damage, while heavily boosting said damage.
Ahh, I totally forgot that Lichbane delivers physical damage with that proc. That makes sense of things now. Thanks for the reply.