Attack damage on Malzahar voidlings + black cleaver on pets

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goodwyck

11-12-2012

It has come to my attention that buying attack damage and armor penetration on Malzahar affects the dps done by his voidlings. apparently, voidlings take 100% of Malzahar's attack damage and armor penetration. There are many videos that you can find about this on youtube, and I think that it is pretty cool, but I have a few problems with how Riot is handling this. With the black cleaver change in season 3, I have a hunch that voidlings will be able to apply the effect. This would make ad malzahar very popular among the people that choose to play him, but it would also bring in loads of reports from players that don't know about it. I don't want people who do badly every once in a while as ad malzahar to be immediately punished for it. My main issue with how Riot has set this up is that there is no method in the game for a player to actually learn this about his voidlings. The best solution to this problem is to add the sentences: "Bonus attack damage and armor penetration affects the dps done by voidlings. Current bonus from attack damage: (+?)" to the description of Malzahar's passive. I would also appreciate it if the patch notes for whenever they fix this would say something about the change to the description, so that the community would know about it. If more people than just me could make this an issue and get riot's attention with it that would be great.

This thread is not about how viable ad malzahar is. Some people think that he is too inconsistent. That may be true, but that is opinionated. That would be akin to saying that ezreal should only be play ad. Some people think that he is viable as an ap caster, and they will play him that way. This thread is mostly about adding information about the game to it in a way that people can learn it without having to go out of their way. For example, when you try to backdoor when none of your team's minions are near the structure you are attacking, the structure gets a massive armor and magic resistance boost, which will reset as soon as minions come near. The average player would not know about this, and I feel that the game should include information about it somewhere. With the before game tips, this issue is solved somewhat, but not entirely. Someone can easily be unlucky enough to only get tips about being nice to other players and communicating with your team. And even then, many facts are still left out. If you want to learn some of these, I have to give credit to Ciderhelm and his Learn the League series, where I have learned a lot of what I know. Some of these are basic facts, but I am sure you will learn something that you did not know before.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...3&feature=plcp

I would also like to give credit to Sivhd because I learned about AD Malzahar from him.

http://www.youtube.com/user/wqlfy?feature=results_main

Rebonack

11-12-2012

AD Malz is pretty well known on Dominion though by now we've found some pretty solid counters to him. He's great fun, though.

If Voidlings do indeed apply Cleaver stacks then that'll make a pretty solid alternative to Last Whisper for him. And apparently Manamune is going to be getting a pretty big buff too, also a core item on AD Malz.

Broney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Tiamat for AoE attack voidlings!

On-hit Malz could be hilarious.

IS1d0031a3c75dca85183eb

11-12-2012

If Malz's voidlings apply his on-hit effects for him

my god

Goodwyck

11-12-2012

Voidlings do not apply on-hit effects, but they theoretically would apply the new black cleaver due to the fact that they deal physical damage.

A Super Saiyan 3

11-12-2012

Elise spiderlings :/, Ghouls :/

Watafool

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwyck View Post
Voidlings do not apply on-hit effects, but they theoretically would apply the new black cleaver due to the fact that they deal physical damage.
But they technically are their own existance, and are not equipped with Black Cleaver. So I wonder if they actually would or not.

Goodwyck

11-12-2012

If a pet deals physical damage, there is a chance that the new black cleaver will proc off of their attacks. That would make ad Elise very interesting, but I don't know if spiderlings deal physical or magical damage.

Waschbar

11-12-2012

They're Malzahar's damage, its physical, Black cleaver will proc it.

Goodwyck

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watafool View Post
But they technically are their own existance, and are not equipped with Black Cleaver. So I wonder if they actually would or not.
I see your point. They might not, but if it does then ad malz needs to become an issue that riot looks at.