Way to bring ranged champs back into TT

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreampod

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I dislike this effect because it removes gameplay (no juking, can't stealth, etc). League doesn't tend to do stealth-bundling; what I mean by this is that stealth is usually a standalone effect. So if you take away the stealth aspect, that champion generally is completely vulnerable (I generally don't like this from a design aspect). The only exception here (AFAIK) is Twitch, whose stealth is bundled with a movement speed bonus. The "dumb vision" tagging on Lightbringer and the old Hextech Sweeper was a necessity back in the day of long-term strategic stealths, but since we've done away with all of those, I want to phase them out. Lightbringer will remain in Dominion for now, because Dominion is a very different atmosphere, but don't expect them to return to TT.
What about allowing them to tag for 'sight' rather than 'vision' like Kog'maw's ult does? That allows ranged champions to actually be capable of maintaining their damage output at the cost of itemizing away from raw damage (trading damage for utility/safety) without ruining stealth champions and leaving that job up to Grez's Lantern and Hextech Sweeper.

KesslerCOIL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FossaFerox View Post
If you're seriously considering doing anything to make ranged AD more viable on TT, start by removing warden's mail and Randuin's omen. The passive slow that it procs on attackers makes kiting impossible, and kiting is the only thing ranged ADCs can do well on the map.
Wardens and Randuin are essential in shutting down Master Yi, Jax, Tryndamere and Darius.
Without it they will dominate even more so than they already do.

KesslerCOIL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreampod View Post
What about allowing them to tag for 'sight' rather than 'vision' like Kog'maw's ult does? That allows ranged champions to actually be capable of maintaining their damage output at the cost of itemizing away from raw damage (trading damage for utility/safety) without ruining stealth champions and leaving that job up to Grez's Lantern and Hextech Sweeper.
This.
Basically make it grant 'sight' of the target for 3 seconds instead of 5, so juking is still possible but, ADC's still have the ability to fight effectively in the jungle.

ploki122

11-12-2012

Quote:
League doesn't tend to do stealth-bundling; what I mean by this is that stealth is usually a standalone effect. So if you take away the stealth aspect, that champion generally is completely vulnerable (I generally don't like this from a design aspect). The only exception here (AFAIK) is Twitch, whose stealth is bundled with a movement speed bonus.
Akali : MR/Armor
Shaco : Flash
Twitch : MS/AS Boost
Eve : MP5
Talon : MS boost
Kha'Zix : MS boost (+possible reduced damage)
Teemo : AS boost
Vayne : bonus AD
Wukong : 70/115/160/205/250 magic damage
did I miss any? or did I misunderstand the bundle?

Ryft Mith

11-12-2012

Quote:
I dislike this effect because it removes gameplay (no juking, can't stealth, etc). League doesn't tend to do stealth-bundling; what I mean by this is that stealth is usually a standalone effect. So if you take away the stealth aspect, that champion generally is completely vulnerable (I generally don't like this from a design aspect). The only exception here (AFAIK) is Twitch, whose stealth is bundled with a movement speed bonus. The "dumb vision" tagging on Lightbringer and the old Hextech Sweeper was a necessity back in the day of long-term strategic stealths, but since we've done away with all of those, I want to phase them out. Lightbringer will remain in Dominion for now, because Dominion is a very different atmosphere, but don't expect them to return to TT.
I'm sorry to correct you, but there are several stealths in the game that are bundled with other things.

Stealths that give movement speed:
Twitch's Ambush
Talon's Shadow Assault
Kha'Zix's Void Assault (also gives DR if it's evolved)
Rengar's Thrill of the Hunt

Evelynn also gains 5% mana regen per 5 sec.

If I'm wrong, please correct me back. These are only the stealths in the game which give buffs conditional upon being stealthed, I.E. Akali's Twilight Shroud gives her AR/MR while she is inside, even if she is not stealthed.

N49

11-12-2012

Quote:
League doesn't tend to do stealth-bundling; what I mean by this is that stealth is usually a standalone effect.
Wait... What?

Pretty much all stealths in LoL come as a part of a bundle.
Even Teemo triggers a Attack Speed bonus when he breaks his.

BadgerDrool

11-12-2012

Cheaper QSS?

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

11-12-2012
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
Akali : MR/Armor
Shaco : Flash
Twitch : MS/AS Boost
Eve : MP5
Talon : MS boost
Kha'Zix : MS boost (+possible reduced damage)
Teemo : AS boost
Vayne : bonus AD
Wukong : 70/115/160/205/250 magic damage
did I miss any? or did I misunderstand the bundle?
Sorry, it was very poorly worded. I was thinking more of long-term stealths... which we don't have anymore other than Eve, so yeah. Disregard what I said

GenActive13

11-12-2012

What about a beacon type ability that will ping nearby enemies? Or a scanner that sweeps the map for a moment as it lights enemies up? CD's aside something like these as an active on an item might give you a better feel then a pinpoint shot in the dark that may or may not find a target.

An87YearOldWoman

11-12-2012

Taking away ward was stupid and Riot is a pack of tards. Enough Said? I mean it is just saying F@ck strategy we just want to see a slug fest out there and don't want stupid people to get confused by warding and counter warding and all those hard strategy things that might make their mushy brains run out of their ears.

BRING BACK THE OLD MAP FFS!!!!!!!!!! It was better and more fun than this ****