Riot fix the home laser!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Pudding Cup

11-12-2012

OMFG if i get dived 1 more time and they take 0 damage its idiotic, sion and diana both dived and got to top of staircase diana even was on the f*cking homepad for a second and yet neither of them got shot even once!!!!!!

fix the timeing and fix the damn zone, it seems to be MUCH worse on the bottom staircase! we were on the left side of the map

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

11-12-2012
1 of 3 Riot Posts

As far as I know, there's no point on the spawning platform that cannot be reached by the laser. If you're going up the stairs, you should be hit well before you're on the platform. Can you be more descriptive about what happened?

Vocust

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

you know, if your losing that bad, by that point does it really even matter?

ploki122

11-12-2012

hmmm... I know there are 2 kinds of fountain, filed a bug a while ago that had gotten a Red post in it (can't remember exactly the intent of the post, but there was an acknowledgement).

basically, you have SR's fountain who deal 1000 true damage every ~1second, reveals stealth and hit through protections. And you have PG's, CS's and old TT's iirc, who dealt ~1k physical damage, didn't reveal stealth and didn't go through damage protection (Kayle's Interventiong, Tryn's undying Rage, Poppy's Diplomacy, or even barrier/morde's iron shield). So basically, if you build enough armor/damage mitigation or have abilities to ignore damage, you can dive the enemy team (at least in PG and CS, and possibly in the old/new TT)

soldierofsin

Recruiter

11-12-2012

fix home laster and make turret damage scale with level. Turret diving with a tanky chracter is a joke

doombotMECHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Pg? Cs?

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

11-12-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
hmmm... I know there are 2 kinds of fountain, filed a bug a while ago that had gotten a Red post in it (can't remember exactly the intent of the post, but there was an acknowledgement).

basically, you have SR's fountain who deal 1000 true damage every ~1second, reveals stealth and hit through protections. And you have PG's, CS's and old TT's iirc, who dealt ~1k physical damage, didn't reveal stealth and didn't go through damage protection (Kayle's Interventiong, Tryn's undying Rage, Poppy's Diplomacy, or even barrier/morde's iron shield). So basically, if you build enough armor/damage mitigation or have abilities to ignore damage, you can dive the enemy team (at least in PG and CS, and possibly in the old/new TT)
This is partially correct.

There are two original SR laser turrets: one for blue, one for purple. Duplicates of the SR versions were made for CS. Another set of duplicates were made for PG. The SR ones were identical to the old TT ones.

However, the fact that CS and PG lasers weren't working properly was a code issue--not because it was a different set. Replacing the duplicates with the originals gave the same issues... that's how I know. The lack of stealth reveal was actually only on blue-side lasers... and it was on SR too. It was just more noticeable on CS/PG because you had a much easier time suiciding into it while stealthed. The old TT laser range discrepancy was also a code issue--those were actually the same files as SR lasers.

Boagster

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Helghast27 View Post
OMFG if i get dived 1 more time and they take 0 damage its idiotic, sion and diana both dived and got to top of staircase diana even was on the f*cking homepad for a second and yet neither of them got shot even once!!!!!!

fix the timeing and fix the damn zone, it seems to be MUCH worse on the bottom staircase! we were on the left side of the map
Replying to the emboldened clause:

Weren't the stairs made longer so that the turret's range was farther away than super minion follow range? Wouldn't that insinuate that the turret doesn't attack on the stairs? I'm just suggesting that you may be assuming something that isn't true.

ploki122

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
This is partially correct.

There are two original SR laser turrets: one for blue, one for purple. Duplicates of the SR versions were made for CS. Another set of duplicates were made for PG. The SR ones were identical to the old TT ones.

However, the fact that CS and PG lasers weren't working properly was a code issue--not because it was a different set. Replacing the duplicates with the originals gave the same issues... that's how I know. The lack of stealth reveal was actually only on blue-side lasers... and it was on SR too. It was just more noticeable on CS/PG because you had a much easier time suiciding into it while stealthed. The old TT laser range discrepancy was also a code issue--those were actually the same files as SR lasers.
EDIT2 : So, let's talk a bit more programming-wise, since it is TERRIBLY confusing me right now (I can't understand the 2 different behavior part...). So basically, in the beggining of time God (your initial senior tech I guess) programmed 2 towers (which must inherit the same one sooner or later, so I guess they share the same code). So up to now, we have only SR, and we have 2 objects, with different parameters (team, picture, coordinates, and everything that cascades from there), HOWEVER, they call the same functions. So you create 3v3, copy and paste the 2 tower files, rename them into obelisk3blue/purp, and simply adjust the parameters. Re-do for Dom (with major param tweaks), and again for PG.

Somewhere along the lines, you had to make changes to counter initial flaws (zero-day attacks are the worst :/), and it's there that some problems came in. You basically only modified references on 1 of the 2 towers, and that created difference in behavior for blue/purp towers in every maps right? So basically, right now you have 8 different "obelisks" (10 if you still have old TT's)? or are they 8(/10) implementations of the same "object" with only param tweaks but same behaviors?

Also, I'd have to dig it again, but I'm pretty sure that you could stealth in purp's PG tower too... without dieing I mean... Otherwise, there are still differences (damage type being "supertrue" vs "physical") afaik.

P.s. I guess my first point wasn't clear... actually i misunderstood what the Rioter told me probably. I think he/she (let's say it) answered that they acknowledged the 2 effects, not 2 sets of tower...

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

11-12-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
EDIT : nvm, editing,

P.s. I guess my first point wasn't clear... actually i misunderstood what the Rioter told me probably. I think he/she (let's say it) answered that they acknowledged the 2 effects, not 2 sets of tower...
It may have actually been me that talked about it, then :P