Which mid laner doesn't need blue buff?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taliesin

11-12-2012

Nearly anyone who goes Athene's, really.

Dante Brimscone

11-12-2012

Eve can get by without because of her passive, especially if she's being judicial with her Q.

I agree though that any mid can live without it (though it's much more difficult if the enemy mid has buff and yours doesn't). But the one I'd say really should get an early one if at all possible is Diana. She needs to be able to run her combos once she hits 6 and they drain her.

Siyanor

11-12-2012

None of them NEED blue buff. Many just benefit from it more than others.

The mid lane champion that benefits from it least is Katarina. Vlad can actually use it to great effect for cooldowns, since his cooldowns are quite high early game.

Mhm916

11-12-2012

Kennen is the least reliant blue of all the AP mids. Simply because his energy regen is so fast, that he doesn't need it in lane(team fights is a different story mainly late game). He also doesn't want too much CDR either, it doesn't do him much good if he burns all his energy too fast.

General Quackers

11-12-2012

The only mid laners who don't need blue buff are mid laners who don't use mana. There are no exceptions to this rule, currently; if you use mana and you are in the mid lane, you need blue buff or you won't be able to compete with your mana using mid lane opponent who has blue buff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhm916 View Post
Kennen is the least reliant blue of all the AP mids. Simply because his energy regen is so fast, that he doesn't need it in lane(team fights is a different story mainly late game). He also doesn't want too much CDR either, it doesn't do him much good if he burns all his energy too fast.
Kennen makes back more energy than he can spend. He may as well be a resourceless champ.

I like how people (Americans) on the NA forum think they can downvote the truth away.

NeoLlama

11-12-2012

i have had success as annie without blue

Jannuh F Kennedy

11-12-2012

Katarina
A smart Eve player can also do pretty well without blue buff, especially if she has a philo.
To be honest most characters don't require blue, they just benefit from it heavily. The point is not to run into lane and fire off spells until you're oom, but take opportunities to harass and then eventually kill.
Annie can function very well mid without blue due to her Q's passive, too.

Sven the horible

11-12-2012

If no one has said it already, a Kassadin mid really dosn't need blue buff

Xaeonis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
The only mid laners who don't need blue buff are mid laners who don't use mana. There are no exceptions to this rule, currently; if you use mana and you are in the mid lane, you need blue buff or you won't be able to compete with your mana using mid lane opponent who has blue buff.
Not true at all. I run lux mid and even with the 100mana per E cast, as long as I can harass safely, with an athens, I rarely run out.

Combine with Clarity for awesome OOM-baits and constant harass, I never NEED Blue buff. However, its DEFINITELY fun in lane.

Also, chalice should be one of the first builds to mid-lane mana hungry champ. MR + awesome regen? Yeah, tyvm.

Snakeblade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Most dont NEED it its just nice. Swain and veigar have great mana regen passives and dont NEED blue but it helps if you want to spam skills. Any energy or no mana champs are good without it but a number of mids still work fine if its stolen or down. Malz, swain, ori, zyra, elise, fizz, veigar, and some others as a start.