Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Cho Gath

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HyenaOfLeisure

11-13-2012

I happen to main as a gentleman Cho'gath, and while he is hilariously fun, he is not OP. He is incredibly versatile and can top, mid or jungle efficiently, as well as adopt almost any AP caster or tank build, however you should keep in mind that his feast is what makes him tankiest, and he cares about it greatly, making him a more cautious tank than others. Early on you'll want to max feast on minions(if you can manage it, siege minions, easier to hold/push the lane without em there.) and then keep it on cooldown once maxed. As Cho'gath I personally rush a guardian angel whenever I can, as it allows me to force a lot of enemy aggro in my direction, freeing up the rest of my team to capture objectives.

Always use your feast with care, as that is your only form of burst damage, and keep in mind if your not ready to fight, it can be an initiate rather than an execute. The enemy pushing a teamfight and your ADC 5 or 6 seconds away from respawn? take out a quarter of the enemy tanks health with feast, and they may reconsider a fully committed fight buying you time.

Cho'gath can split push, tank, crowd control, but he has to be played smart, and most importantly he must do what his team needs him to do, not what he wants to do.

My best example of this is when all 5 members of the enemy team were in my teams jungle, readying an assault on mid lane inner turret. I was happily pushing bot, and knew I could take a turret or two, maybe even set minions on the inhibitor, but my team pinged, so I followed suit. Guardian angel and 6 feasts, I walked alone into our jungle to be blitz grabbed, the entire team wasted all of their high damage moves on me, including a caitlyn ult as I tried to ghost run outa there. I 'died' just as my team jumped in for a fight, revived, set off a rupture to screw up the enemy, and then flashed out and went b with less than an eighth of my HP left.. not pleasant, but we won the teamfight, scored an ace, and pushed to their base in every lane, which ultimately got us the win.

So be smart, play safe, and serve your team as best you can. It is a gentleman's duty.

GL and HF. =)

BBFSmokedCayenne

11-13-2012

he is an absolutely awesome jungler.

Lêonidàz

11-13-2012

I love to jungle on him and mid is really fun the problem most of the time people don't let you mid on him because they say he sucks, but I beg to differ.

Vuther

11-13-2012

I like him too, but my Q accuracy is like 30% :-(

deathpanelof1

11-13-2012

Cho lives and dies on the accuracy of his ruptures. If you are going AP Cho (which you always should by the way) you have to land those ruptures.

Kaosovic

11-13-2012

I watched HotShotGG (believe it was him?) play a game on youtube as solo top with the skeleton skin.... the massive cc, aoe, vorpal spike aoe auto attack and finally nom nom to super-sized cho all lead me to beleive he was frikn awesome. Haven't looked back since

ProfDrDeath

11-14-2012

First ranked of the new season today, went into the jungle with good ol' Cho. Started Wraiths->Red (I don't need Blue for Vorpal Spikes) with boots and pots, ganked the enemy Mid Sin on level 3, our Malph mid got first blood. Proceeded to steamroll from there, stealing the enemy blue a few times and generally being badass. Finished the game 11/0/11. Felt like an absolute Pro'Gath.

Cho is really, really awesome, and my, well, "main", I guess, for some time now. Picked him up in March or April (before they raised his MS to 320). Had him as my go-to jungler ever since, with the occasional trip to top. Recently, I also discovered him for midlane, with a bit more emphasis on AP in the build.

My core paradigms for Cho are:
- Early MS is win. I play him with the maximum MS increase I can get from runes and masteries. A void monster strolling onto your lane for a gank at a speed of 350 (without boots) or 405 (with boots) is quite scary...
- Max CdR is mandatory. You cause so much more disruption in the enemy team, you can farm your stacks faster after dying, and you put out much more damage, too!

EDIT: Now, if I only had enough RP left for a skin...Next time I buy RP, I promise.

ProfDrDeath

11-14-2012

Quote:
deathpanelof1:
Cho lives and dies on the accuracy of his ruptures. If you are going AP Cho (which you always should by the way) you have to land those ruptures.

True on the ruptures.

False on the AP Cho. You don't need AP for him due to his good base damages. You can play him as a tanky, with Wit's End being the only offensive item, and still kick butt.

The only thing you "need" is maxed CdR.

HateDaddy

11-14-2012

Yeah, Cho is so awesome. He's actually the answer to all the Katarina QQers right now as he totally shuts her down in lane and in team-fights. Yet, people continue to pick their Lux's. etc. against her and scream OP when they get shredded. Cho, inc. would solve their problems ever so swiftly.

PsychoB0b

11-14-2012

Ive never really played cho, cept once or twice....But it seems anytime i DO face one, i got stomped hard.

I don't think he's op, but im really considering getting him ;p