So, here's how to make Volibear less of... well cheese and more of a real champion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atyres

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeebo69 View Post
someone hasnt learned how to play voli correctly, ive carried many many games with him. and have been called op a couple times.
Those darned Platinum players who have no clue what their talking about. I hate them all so much!

Volibear has no gap closer, and only his passive for innate tankiness and yet he is expected to tank (mainly due to one of his abilities scaling off HP). He is in a bad place at the moment and is kinda useless for the most part. Why take Voli when you could take Singed instead? Or Amumu? Or Galio? Or Shen?

zeebo69

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlinden7 View Post
Volibear's not a tank, he's not meant to absorb damage, he's meant to get inside the enemy team, do aoe damage, and execute someone. His passive just helps him to not get blown up instantly and lets him towerdive early-mid game. This makes him a bruiser. Shen, Alistar, Malphite are examples of tanks.
thats weird i play him pure tank and destroy the team pretty much :/

Zerglinator

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atyres View Post
Those darned Platinum players who have no clue what their talking about. I hate them all so much!

Volibear has no gap closer, and only his passive for innate tankiness and yet he is expected to tank (mainly due to one of his abilities scaling off HP). He is in a bad place at the moment and is kinda useless for the most part. Why take Voli when you could take Singed instead? Or Amumu? Or Galio? Or Shen?
Because he's an armored bear.

zeebo69

11-12-2012

and this is why all my favorite champs have gotten ruined... cus no one played them correctly then they get buffed, then nerfed to ****. i hate all of you i really do.

EDIT: RIP voli... you will be missed..

Atyres

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeebo69 View Post
and this is why all my favorite champs have gotten ruined... cus no one played them correctly then they get buffed, then nerfed to ****. i hate all of you i really do.
Which champions would those be? Again I don't normally side with another person just because of rank, but Hashishin is not only platinum but is also a well respected blogger with a lot of experience in the game. Maybe you just aren't fighting very good opponents who think the bear is broken and don't know how to ignite?

alpha quail

11-12-2012

How about they remove that roar on his ult.

Seriously as soon as you use it they walk away. And if you haven't closed the gap yet you lose like 2/3 or your ult time just doing that, and that's IF you manage to close it.

FuzenAkuma

11-12-2012

Quote:

Make that Diamond player

zeebo69

11-12-2012

Quote:
Which champions would those be? Again I don't normally side with another person just because of rank, but Hashishin is not only platinum but is also a well respected blogger with a lot of experience in the game. Maybe you just aren't fighting very good opponents who think the bear is broken and don't know how to ignite?
rammus, shen, malphite, yorick. i guess thats not that many.

Atyres

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzenAkuma View Post
Make that Diamond player
Sorry, just was looking at his currect badge lol.

Admiral Knox

11-12-2012

Volibear's just a bad character design all around. He came out as a joke and plays like one too.