So, here's how to make Volibear less of... well cheese and more of a real champion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hashinshin

11-12-2012

Right now Volibear sucks. HOWEVER, some people do use him as a sort of lane cheese. He's not very viable at it and it's sort of a worse renekton but it does exist.

HOWEVER, I have determined how to take volibear, make him no longer cheese and make him a well rounded character all game around without touching his playstyle in the slightest.

Bullet point form!

Reduce the damage of his W to 60/105/150/195/240 from 80/125/170/215/260
Reduce the CD of his W to 16/15/14/13/12 from 18/18/18/18/18.
Why? This ability has always done too much base damage, but the cooldown was obscene. In addition, the ratio (15% health) was WAYYYY too low for its CD. It brings it more in line and allows him more sustained damage.

Reduce/Increase the damage of his Q to 15/45/75/105/135 +1.2 AD from 30/60/90/120/150 +1.0 AD.
Why? Reduces his early ganking damage by a bit, which is where he's really mean in the jungle. In return though he scales better in to the late game.

E gains a 10% HP ratio.
Why? To give him more damage and late game scaling, and to make up for the previous nerfs

Ultimate now passively gives him the damage single target every third attack (75/115/155.) Apon activated its replaced by the current active.
Why? So Volibear isn't such an ult-or-bust champion. The damage would still be way below Jax's, but it would just give him more sustained damage normally.

Tada. Same champion, just has the numbers jumbled around a bit to be more balanced at all stages of the game. No longer a diabolical jungler, no longer a cheese laner, more of a well balanced around the entire game champion.

Battletick

11-12-2012

Wow, that sounds really OP. His bite already does like 800+ damage as an execute, it needs buffed? He's a tank and shouldn't be doing more then the already rather high damage he does. Also his passive is half as good as Mundo's ultimate, maybe he sucks in your +2000 ELO ranked matches but I hate having to fight against him.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battletick View Post
Also his passive is half as good as Mundo's ultimate
I admit I got that wrong, his passive actually is just as good as Mundo's ultimate for healing, but only lasts half as long. But it doesn't take health to activate or increase speed, overall I'd say that he has a fantastic passive which alone rewards him for building on the tanky side.

Kanodin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

But if Volibear stops being cheese how will he be an Ursa reference? On a serious note I really like the idea of giving his ult the Jax treatment.

Crazy Beard Guy

11-12-2012

They need to change his passive and bite to bonus hp. Would give him alot more leeway.

Atyres

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Beard Guy View Post
They need to change his passive and bite to bonus hp. Would give him alot more leeway.

Why? He is already never seen, so your saying they should nerf him more to make him less usable?

hashinshin

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Beard Guy View Post
his base HP is assassin level, and his passive is his only "Tanky" ability.

If Volibear built like Talon he would be exactly as tanky as Talon, minus his passive. The only tankiness he gets is out of items.

Zerglinator

11-12-2012

Bullet Point form with no Bullet Points...?

Battletick

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atyres View Post
Why? He is already never seen, so your saying they should nerf him more to make him less usable?
I see him pretty often, had a game with 2 bears off free week recently. I'm not a ranked player, so maybe that's why. (Need more money for runes, but want champions more)

(Lol at downvote for seeing champion often)

zeebo69

11-12-2012

someone hasnt learned how to play voli correctly, ive carried many many games with him. and have been called op a couple times.

jmlinden7

11-12-2012

Volibear's not a tank, he's not meant to absorb damage, he's meant to get inside the enemy team, do aoe damage, and execute someone. His passive just helps him to not get blown up instantly and lets him towerdive early-mid game. This makes him a bruiser. Shen, Alistar, Malphite are examples of tanks.