Kills need to stop giving experience and gold

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

11-12-2012

My ideal version of Dominion has no snowball eliminates and is similar to traditional sports in that being ahead does not make it easier to get further ahead. I believe that removing all traces of snowballing would make Dominion a more competitive and enjoyable game.

Currently kills provide experience, gold, map control, and reduce the nexus health.

Kills providing map control is necessary for Dominion to work as a game mode.

Kills reducing the nexus health is optional. I don't understand why this exists, but I also don't see it as harmful. My guess is this exists for balance between early game and late game comps.

Kills providing gold allows the game to snowball. This is normally a minor effect, but is detrimental to the game by providing the winning team with a material advantage.

Kills providing experience provides a significant early game advantage which later diminishes. Since kills provide experience the team that won the windmill fight will hit level 6 before the team that lost the windmill fight. This is an unacceptable advantage.

If experience and gold for kills are removed then the spawn timer advantage for the losing team is probably unnecessary.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Interesting thought, I am neither agreeing nor disagreeing, but what about capturing towers and killing minions? would they have gold value as well?

Stark Midnight

11-12-2012

Disagree, kills need to provide gold and experience since gold and experience are very easy to come by in dominion. If your getting snowballed by someone with alot of kills then your must have fed them to hell and back. Because of the passive gain of gold and experience, it's very hard to even snowball like that. If you fed them that much, then the game should end quickly.

frumper

11-12-2012

Next game you play, compare the KDA's and gold, you'll notice there is not a snowball problem.

Floods of Colour

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

The only way I've ever 'snowballed' on dominion is when I play a really uneven match up bottom lane. When I was running J4 bot all day I would occasionally play against a really bad Master Yi or something, and the next thing you know I'm 7/0, have been farming minions and have quite a bit more gold than anyone else.

If you're going top though, everyone gets 'fed' and snowballing is a non-issue.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
Interesting thought, I am neither agreeing nor disagreeing, but what about capturing towers and killing minions? would they have gold value as well?
I forgot about the towers. At the start of the game the losing team gets two towers, while the winning team gets three towers. Tower capturing is different than kills because you can't capture a tower you already own, while you can kill someone multiple times. Owning more towers is the core mechanic to winning so it seems weird to also give gold for capturing towers. I think towers giving gold is a clunky mechanic which doesn't add value to the game.

I am unsure about minion kills. Unlike tower gold, minion gold adds depth to the game because minion gold adds choices to the game. Minion gold lets your team choose two characters to get a gold advantage -- the bottom laner and a top laner (or split among multiple tops). But I don't understand bottom lane well so I don't know how minion gold affects it. If minion gold causes snowballing I think it should be removed.

BigDaddyDelish

11-12-2012

The biggest issue I see with this is that champs that are heavy on getting an early game advantage will be completely nullified in Dom if that change were to come by.

If your champ drops off at all, then suddenly they aren't really worth anything.

Ahlen

11-12-2012

Snowballing is more a factor of hyper scaling champions that become walking gods at the late game. This mostly happens regardless of their kills though.

Time is just your enemy. I wouldn't be against it though.

FDru

11-12-2012

I wouldn't mind if Darius didn't get 2k extra gold per game just for being Darius.

Redeemed In Fire

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
I wouldn't mind if Darius didn't get 2k extra gold per game just for being Darius.
The heck are you not focusing him to let him have 20 kills?

inb4 hes op