A warning to new players!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gnarchops

11-13-2012

meow

Ecclesian

11-13-2012

I just played a game a guy started talking **** and was intentionally trying to say things to attack me personally. This is so common... I was tanking for my fail team. Mid and our adc fed and our jungle didn't gank. I was dumb and broke my own rule by trying to rally the team by standing up for my adc so then they targeted me...

SomeCallMeEd

11-13-2012

Oh yeah the community is pretty bad, but certainly not the worst out there.

from my exp with online games there are a lot of games with very poor communities. Runescape, HoN, CoD post MW2, Tribes, the list goes on and on. Some are worse then others, heck some were even killed by it's own community like Monday Night Combat and it's sequel Super Monday Night Combat.

The big problem in my eyes is the insain prescence of E-Sports being flung at you in the news feed. Basically it's getting people in the "I gotta get to MLG!" mindset rather then the "I wanna play LoL!" mindset. I've competed in tournaments for other games, comp play is all well and good but good lord it turns into a cespit of trolling and berating. If LoL would downplay MLG and E-Sports a bit (enough to where it's not flung in your face in big bold letters) I'd wager the community'd improve a little bit.

That and this community was acually way worse! Before the tribunal came out Toxic players were in every single freakin match! Now, although it's a lil clunky and Toxic players are still around, I've noticed it's now about every other match or so, so it is working which is great!

But yeah, best thing to do is either mute everyone and be done with it, ore ignore em. Toxic players don't work as a team usually anyway.