A warning to new players!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamasauce View Post
" I have never played an online game in all my life that has such an unfriendly and even cruel community as LoL"

You think this is cruel and unfriendly.. You should try WoW... 10000x worse
Or HoN or DotA, you don't even want to know what it's like in the Smite beta

Ecclesian

11-12-2012

I around 850 right now and not because I suck but because of trolls, laggers, and rage quiters. I am better now than I was then for sure but I don't deserve my current low elo rating. Also, I always solo Q as I have no friends who play this game and rarely get to find friendly skilled players.

I played one game of HoN and was voted out my first game after having all manor of vileness spewed at me... LoL is better anyway. Haven't played a game of HoN since.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-12-2012

I used to think the same thing (and no offense) until I got good enough to carry teams. Say you did go 10-x-xx and still lost. You need to be able to play like that every game straight for 20 games. Not everyone can do that.

GON the Mage Guy

11-12-2012

Starting off with negativity turns people away. If this was supposed to be a guide post, most people will stop reading at the first paragraph. If you approach someone on the street and shout "HEY, **** YOU" then tell them about how awesome they are, they're still gonna be thinking about your first comment.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-12-2012

^ HEY, **** YOU.... you're a pretty cool dude.

Skyhawke

11-12-2012

I'm with KingSilas on this one. Take a look in the mirror, my friend.

Ecclesian

11-12-2012

This is my experience and how I feel. Stop impose your belief system on me. King Silas, you aren't as bad as these other guys.

I am somehow not surprised that not a single "senior member" pfff... has contributed any good ideas... instead you all just want to criticize.

GTFO unless you have something helpful to say...

Ecclesian

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhawk47 View Post
I'm with KingSilas on this one. Take a look in the mirror, my friend.
You don't know me... You don't know what champs I main and how I play... You don't my know my experience with LoL... GTFO unless you have something that will help a new player.

I don't care what anyone you people think of me.

Why don't one of you people spend 45 mins making a thread full of good and true info for new players...

So lame that you people would rather criticize me than say something helpful...

You are all just proving what I said before...

Fs Son0fSilas

11-12-2012

^ "Senior Member" only means they've posted 100 times on the forums and doesn't mean much. I know well enough having never been involved with forums for 2 years, that it only takes about 2 days to become a senior member.

Though if you take the time to read there is a lot of good AND bad advice to be had on these forums. While your experience was bad, it was your own. You can't necessarily say that everyone will have the same experience.

Your advice to deal with toxic players is sound however. You need to take everything with a grain of salt. And should someone be especially horrid and belidgerant it's as simple as clicking report in the post-game lobby.

I naturally get frustrated with certain players, however letting it affect you in a match is exactly what they want. Arguing with you team only exacerbates the situation. Leave emotion at the door, and be a force for good. Generally the only communication my team gets from me is cold and calculating "mia"s and "re"s and "dragon now" with pings. When elaboration is needed do so. "Bot you need wards here and here" followed by pings.

Games need Leadership, Teamwork, and Accountabilty. Not Whining, Sheepish Negativety, and Aggressive Douchbaggery

Fs Son0fSilas

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecclesian View Post
You don't know me... You don't know what champs I main and how I play... You don't my know my experience with LoL... GTFO unless you have something that will help a new player.

I don't care what anyone you people think of me.

Why don't one of you people spend 45 mins making a thread full of good and true info for new players...

So lame that you people would rather criticize me than say something helpful...

You are all just proving what I said before...
As I said, the negativety of your OP was the reason for the downvotes.

All I can say is, the more upset you become, the more likely you are to become insulting amd negative.

There is a difference between someone out right trolling you, and the some what less than constructive critisism you've received here. The tone with which you've posted (not only in OP, but the following posts after it) is a bit insulting. I imagine while it wasn't your goal, you've managed to alienate everyone on this forum.

You can tell everyone to GTFO, but that comes off as immature, and makes it seem like you have the *LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU...MEHMEHMEH I'M NOT LISTENING* mentality of a child.