@Riot: Support feels like a 5th wheel on a double date

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolfman808

11-12-2012

Seriously. You are present, but you cant really participate ( zero CS). Your input can be helpful but you never get the credit you deserve (assists). You provide insight, which is ALWAYS taken for granted (wards). It honestly perplexes me as to why Riot makes it so supports cant experience the game to its fullest potential. I shouldn't be lambasted by my team every time i slightly deviate from standard builds, or take 1cs.

Downvoted into oblivion!

TheFinalAeon

11-12-2012

Obviously, we need a mystical fourth lane where all minions die an yeild gold upon arrival. The lane is restricted for Supports only, and access from greedy AD Carries is blocked off by way of a rainbow bridge that also grants full vision of the lane, so you never have to worry about ganks.

EDIT: It was a joke, guys. Supports are fine as far as positioning is concerned.

Wolfman808

11-12-2012

I'm making an observation, didn't mention AD carry once, why the sarcastic scenario?

Beatrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalAeon View Post
Obviously, we need a mystical fourth lane where all minions die an yeild gold upon arrival. The lane is restricted for Supports only, and access from greedy AD Carries is blocked off by way of a rainbow bridge that also grants full vision of the lane, so you never have to worry about ganks.

EDIT: It was a joke, guys. Supports are fine as far as positioning is concerned.
Actually, I'd be OK with this! If not, can I at least have a rainbow bridge?

Gløry

11-12-2012

I don't think your date analogy holds up, because AD Carry + support are basically having s.ex all through the laning phase.

They need to be in sync, and if one of them gets too excited and goes early, it's lights out.

Maybe you play support like some awkward tagalong. I make sweet, sweet love to my AD carry.

Wolfman808

11-12-2012

Supports should get a rainbow bridge boots. Lets them jump barriers with the active

Lluluien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

I don't feel like the support doesn't participate in the game, and I don't feel like I don't get the credit I deserve when playing support.

There's one thing that I do think really makes support a painful position to play, though, and I don't know how they correct it without making supports OP:

A good support is a huge magnifier for good play from your teammates. However, its effectiveness tends to zero if your teammates aren't playing well. When I play Leona, Taric, or Alistar with my friends and we are controlling jungler, ADC, and support, my win rate is probably 75-80%. It's highest with me playing Leona, and yet in my brief attempt at ranked, I got a 42% win rate with her, because my teammates would run when they should fight, and fight when they should run.

I really feel like THAT is the reason no one wants to play support. I can -crush- the opposing team with Leona if I have teammates that know when I'm initiating and know when I'm martyring to save them. However, if my teammates aren't playing well, I'm about as useful as a decorative rock.

RisottoNero

11-12-2012

The support is the weird guy that is there to get the others laid and then faps thinking about that.

And play with a premade or duo queue with an AD carry. It's not going to make it fun neccesarily but it's much better and you will see the difference.

Wolfman808

11-12-2012

I just wish our role were more than being a crutch for other players. A bit of glory goes a long way.

Gløry

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lluluien View Post
I don't feel like the support doesn't participate in the game, and I don't feel like I don't get the credit I deserve when playing support.

There's one thing that I do think really makes support a painful position to play, though, and I don't know how they correct it without making supports OP:

A good support is a huge magnifier for good play from your teammates. However, its effectiveness tends to zero if your teammates aren't playing well. When I play Leona, Taric, or Alistar with my friends and we are controlling jungler, ADC, and support, my win rate is probably 75-80%. It's highest with me playing Leona, and yet in my brief attempt at ranked, I got a 42% win rate with her, because my teammates would run when they should fight, and fight when they should run.

I really feel like THAT is the reason no one wants to play support. I can -crush- the opposing team with Leona if I have teammates that know when I'm initiating and know when I'm martyring to save them. However, if my teammates aren't playing well, I'm about as useful as a decorative rock.
You basically just described why using solo queue as the primary indicator of personal skill in a highly team oriented game is downright baffling. The amount of important we place on it is absurd. Ranked 5s are truly so much more fun and interesting. It's actually a game of objectives then, not a game of who can avoid feeding the longest.