FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RegAlGhul

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtemist View Post
Champions who make use of not just the AP boost or the AS boost from Surge individually but synergistically:

Akali - AS buff works well for the AD for Twin disciplines and utilises it for more than just getting the passive
Chogath- Great for making vorpal spikes do massive damage to teams (bonus, the radius is wider with increased size from surge)
Corki- Similar to ezreal, has some alright ap ratios, good general buff to his overall team performance
Mundo- Make he most of your mad AD and burning agony, look ultra cool while in ulti and clear jungle at insane speed
Elise- That AS buff on top of her other one makes for some siiiick damage and lifesteal with the AP too
Evelynn- The original, Surge makes her rampage over faces, especially when used immediately before ulti to ruin entire teams
Ezreal- See corki
Fizz. Means you dont get that awkward moment when you blow all your CDS and the dot just isnt enough, amazing pick up if you're not sure you can assasinate them
GP- Apply passive faster (nvm already easy) eat more oranges and combine with raise morale for a sick all over buff for all that AD you bought to amp parlay
Hecarim- Ratios actually pretty good, Initiate into the middle of them and watch your life soar from the bonus damage they take, also very scary looking.
Jax- AS,, AP, what more could you possibly want on jax. mega amp that ulti and carry yourself through early-mid
Kassadin -Especially with the buff to his passive, Kassadin can get used to do what he was designed to do and hit people in combo with his spells to assasinate
Kayle - you already know.
Kennen. great for a boost to ap before you bust into that teamfight, the AS means you can totally get a third stun after ult and combo with the mark of storm passive(5th hit)
Kogmaw- the best, if you cant see, no point explaining
Lulu- vastly increases damage output if you're into non-support lulu
Yi- Make that alpha strike worthwhile and kick into overdrive with ulti
Nasus. Surprising effective with ulti on, make full use of that huge AD buff beyond just mashing Q
Nidalee. very effective for pushing towers and totally raping early game
Nunu- Top nunu gets a huge kick out of this, jungle too. stack up that passive, hit mega ulties and hard snowballs, then combine with bloodboil to savage the foe
Poppy- very usefull for getting through a troublesome early game, maximise your Q's and troll hard with those double passives
Rumble- good for fixing low burst and doing somethhing with overheat
Shen. trigger the passive way quicker and the bonus ap helps his spells a lot
Sion- my fave, turn oyurself into a portable foutnain, healing the team for 20 secs
Skarner. lowers his CDS hard, also makes them hurt more, not a bad idea for a brawler character
Taric. Heal more... and more..... and more....
Teemo. everyones favourite dickhead
Tristana. rampage through mid game and secure early with this sick summoner
Tryndamere, surprisingly enough, lifesteal haaaard through ulti and then heal for more too
TF. fairly obvious
Twitch- quite common, apply your passive way faster, then nuke them with a huge expunge
HURRDYR. huge ap AS hybrid jungle tank, very effective at dishing or healing or tanking all in one sick summoner spell
Varus- that extra 1% max hp on all those extra blight spots youre applying? totally. worth. it
Volibear._ makes thunder claws a lot more awesome ulti, actually does something instead of just looking cool
Warwick. ultimate brawler, especially with this, heal all day, big q's, better w, amazing passive buff
Xin Zhao. actually really good, the bonus AS is the best, but the 0.7 AP per 3 hits can be very clutch, also, get that W more often with the AS. very ex[plosive on Xin
Yorrick- A weird one, hes an amazing brawler, make the most of his passive with this amping summoner. much more effective than the ignite you didnt take like a baws.

Now i know some of these are a little contentious, like Yorrik, Rumble, Yi, Mundo Ez or GP (there are probs others) , but all of these can use Surge to great effect and in a way that is different to Ignite and provides a different form of utility that is unmatched and unrelated to the heal debuff and true damage on Ignite. plz respond.

EDIT: gave reasons
EDIT 2: dont just downvote because you dont like one of them
Very good points. I too was disappointed with the removal of surge. If it wasn't clear which champs you should be taking it on, then don't take it. It's not like you NEED to use the correct summoner spells constantly. Personally, I think Riot should focus on phasing out flash, because it slogs down the gameplay when potentially game-changing mistakes are fixed because of a summoner spell. It's why there are so many people who do not buy wards or take clairvo as the support because they can take flash instead and have a secure escape route from over half of your traditional lane ganks. It's frustrating (Not impossible, let me make that clear before you think I'm just complaining) to set up a gank and have it ruined because they had flash off of cooldown. It's a little disheartening to have to gank the same champ twice. By the way, I know people will talk about flash being used offensively. Yes, I realize this, but let's be honest: flash is used far more defensively in this game than it is used offensively. It's a crutch spell for many summoners, and when there's an overwhelming majority of use in 5v5, I think it's a bad idea to remove "unclear" alternatives. I hope to see surge back in the game sometime soon.

zXPeacEXz

11-13-2012

word son

tryptamineszz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
The one mastery we are adding specifically gold related in Utility is a mastery called "Pickpocket" that grants gold upon attacking an enemy champion. This will allow active supports a bit more gold while harassing their opponents, while also being useful for other character types that spec into deep into Utility.
ryze thanks you for your contribution to his late game

Thezyzyva

11-13-2012

Roku, I normally see the logic behind Riots decisions to remove something, however I still can't grasp why surge needs to be taken out. If it's competing with ignite for damage, then you have the capability to tweak some numbers so there is a niche for both spells. You're already lengthening ignites CD, that alone helps put surge into a more clear spot. If you're still not satisfied you can lengthen its duration so more can be gotten out of it, or reduce its CD so that it has more up-time. All of these seem like simple tweaks that don't remove an option from the game. If you could elaborate more on why you feel like it's not worth saving I can try to understand, but from what you've said so far I still don't get it.

Astral Yorae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Roku, I think it would be a good idea to bump this forgotten topic now. Concepts inside.
Improving Summomer Spells

Astral Yorae.

Para

11-13-2012

Now Blitzcrank not only grabs your carry...

pechuL

11-13-2012

Keep us updates

TheRealReaperX

11-13-2012

whens all this gonna hit?

xXTaggXx

11-13-2012

Cant wait until everything is update and season 3 begins!

Aubin Magnus

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrumMessor View Post
Removing Surge because it "competes" with ignite? Say what? Surge *is* a kinda champ-specific (more or less limited in full utility to AS heavy hybrids) but as someone who plays Teemo, Diana, Elise, and even sometimes Warwick, I'm gonna be really sorry to see this spell go just because most people don't know how to use it. Not sure why underuse merits removal, people who don't know how to use it just don't pick it.
If underuse merited removal... Revive, Cleanse, Clarity, and CV would go first.