FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DianasGotSwag

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
Hey summoners,
Finally, well be removing...Surge...Surge is being removed because it isnt always clear when to use it or which champions benefit from it. In the end, Surge is a competing spell in a niche wed like Ignite to fill.
Diana is disappointed.

THATFLIPPINPANDA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

@riot in general.... besides jungle changes tell me u will be working on thing to make summoners rift better overall like maybe add new jungle camps because the old twisted treeline had almost as many camps as summoners rift or maybe add the relic thingies from the new treeline map stuff like tht

Sguerra123

11-12-2012

"Barrier is the go to against burst damage" what about champions that rely only on burst damage, say leblanc? ohh wait, she got a 20 mana reduction on her W, never mind she's fine.

Cofx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Remove flash please.
we are forced to use it with almost every champ...

XaoXao27

11-12-2012

surge was my go to hybrid spell. its quite clear that's what its for. i hope there will be something to replace it for the hybrid builds..

Arcameneled

11-12-2012

yech Barriar in 5v5 :/ not a good idea

Zergleb

11-12-2012

Surge's main strength was as a team fight spell for being able to keep up damage for the length of a team fight(12 seconds) and ignite does 5 seconds of damage ONLY to a single target.

Ignites main strength is in burst attacks, which are usually best when you surprise them. This is a nerf on non-burst championions because you are unlikely to surprise a champion with a sustained damage champion. Yet you still take away all the advantages and strategies of surge.

Surge is able to help push against towers since it increases your attack speed. and also helps defend towers by creating 12 seconds of sustained buff. Also it helps those who have attack speed deficit such as Kayle or Volibear opening up more build options by being able to count on surge in team fights.

When they say that Ignite and Surge are competing what could they possibly mean? Do they not realize the strategic uses of Surge over Ignite?

Surge has more options of use than Ignite creating more interesting gameplay for those who choose to use it and in closing,

Elements of a game are solid when they

A - Have their own distinct role
B - Are balanced and balancable
C - Add to the fun of the overall gameplay(through strategic options)

And should not provoke removal!!

Please give me more reason to remove this from the game than "It's a niche we'd like ignite to fill", I find that logic incomplete please expand on your thoughts. I don't know why you would remove something without something provoking the removal.

Please do not remove this from the game.

Ragnel

11-12-2012

This is so awesome! Riot, y u so aweosme?!?!

ActicuaHibari714

11-12-2012

TBH RIOT, I'd like if you guys implement promote or bring it back. I'd prefer this because my team for ranked and normals usually use promote in MANY of our tactics, e.g. promote top adc, support go top and push. With out this my team is at a great loss.

bucky1andonly

11-12-2012

Promote and Surge removed. The 2 spells I use religiously. I hate you riot.