FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cocobomb

11-12-2012

Surge was the most fun ability of them all, flash is just so mainstream its boring (which is why i take ghost most of the time), and whats so fun about ignite? Sure you can kill someone but is it that fun to use. Please keep surge, i've been having soo much fun using ghost surge as my summoners on all heroes, (actually all heroes). My current favourite choice is GP, ghost surge has just given me soo many early kills before the lvl 2 jungler can gank, even against hard counters like yorick (even though later on they pwn my face). But the main thing was it was incredibly fun, i loved smacking towers and backdooring really fast, i enjoyed growing into an amazing size, i loved chasing people as a massive boss with my ghost surge combo and further more, ghost surge allowed me to play a couple of champions in a completely different way. I met up with friends and we locked in Caitlyn and Taric bot lane, your average season one meta bot, except i got my Caitlyn to go support and i went ADC as taric, building my favourite item which no one buys, the almighty Black Cleaver, i managed to three shot a rammus, (course it was quite early game and i had lucky crits)
But please keep surge

Red Komodo

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmydubz View Post
how about some items like "Reduce mana costs of your abilities by 15%"
????

maybe masteries or runes?
This would make champs with already low mana cost overpowered, especially if they build CDR, for example Karthus and Evelyn would just spam Q's till their fingers break off and use the stubs to continue winning. Then for the champs with larger mana cost to apply a nerf to help them not just destroy everything, are now buffed or negate the nerf entirely. Letting them have a unfair advantage. Imagine darius ult costing 15% less (which is 85 per dunk which might ensure after a full combo of all his abilites, 3, to 4 dunks)

Hahke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Why are you introducing so many shields into the game? It's a genuine question and I'm not trying to be trolly about it. There are so many champions that have already self shields or ally capable shields into their kits to make them balanced and now you're making shields/bubbles easily available through items and even through summoner spells. Aren't you kinda digging yourself into a 'bubble' meta game? Is that going to be as infamous for Season Three as Bruisers were for Season Two?

Fancy Foxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-12-2012

My favorite summoner is still rally. RIP RALLY YOU WILL BE MISSED.

JackER4565

11-12-2012

Roku ARE U HUMAN LIKE US?

Teague Wan

11-12-2012

will fortify have a chance to come back?

Aflaack

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinDelMarr View Post
Xerath would like his ammo system now
You can't limit Xearath!!!

Lethal stoner

11-12-2012

please do not remove surge
i like it on some champs (hybridy)

Guy1234567

11-12-2012

Pls let heal stay for everyone. How can I go tanky top without heal. Pls pls pls pls pls pls.

FlaredMatch

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by figur It Out View Post
my only concern is barrier becoming over powered in the fact that all members of the team use it in a "round robin" sense to completely stall a push all together! that would make barrier be one of those spells thats a must, so flash or ignite go away all together

thus making the game more of a "defend turret, then ace" strategy.
I can see a strategy involving champions that excel at harassing or holding positions already. That "strategy" would probably take half the game just because the enemy team would just tank and block a good portion of damage while laughing at you for trying so hard. The spell shouldn't be on Summoner's Rift. The one on proving ground had much health on that shield, it went from an extra spell you could exchange for flash or other spells to a necessary spell for focused champs who need to burst and get out. I agree with you that Barrier would make flash and ignite go away,

Many could argue that it can save your life. While I agree on that part, you could do some better solutions to that problem by playing passive and not overextending.