FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lethadind

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
With a much shorter duration (currently 2 seconds, still subject to change), it is possible to counter a Barrier bait by forcing them to Barrier then waiting out the shield.

With internal testing, it has actually shown that offensive uses of Barrier mid lane have been more prominent - tower shots are pretty easy to predict and block.
I'm actually much more concerned about bottom lane. The ADC running Barrier while the support runs Heal is going to be HUGE, and will essentially make a run to bottom lane as an AP Mid or Jungler completely useless, as the ADC will have about 4-500 extra health/negated burst at their disposal at level 6. I know you're nerfing heal slightly, but currently at level 6 barrier is giving a 250 health shield and heal is giving 225 health = 475. Fizz has one of the strongest bursts in the game (when you auto-attack during his entire W active), and at level six he's only doing 200 with shark, 100 with E, and about another 3-400 with QW (plus any small amount of AP that he's picked up, we'll say 100 damage added total). This makes his total damage of 6-700 damage drop considerably to 150-300 damage instead. Plus I lose experience and cs from roaming. I recognize also that ignite/Fizz's W reduces healing, so it'd be about 250-400 damage, but that's not even enough to kill a level 1 carry.

What's your answer to this?

Healurownbum

11-12-2012

What type of item will bring Promote cause i play a nasty mid Zyra with Promote making farming rly easy and pushing and still able to take wraiths.. So i would rly hate to see it go to a useless item..

Kari Arisu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekohz View Post
agreed.

LET ME KEEP PLAYING AD TARIC AND STOP BANNING ME FOR "TROLL PICKING"
especially if i lock in first.
that just proves that other people dont want to play OUTSIDE OF A "META"
it bothers me that people cant come up with a counter intuitive strategy to win a game. its pathetic
I mainly use Surge for Akali. In the mid-game, Surge gives a large amount of AP, which is basically a free mid-tier or higher item. Jump into Shroud, pop surge, and kill your lane + their jungler when a gank happens. You can't kill 2 people with Ignite, nor can you make such a surprise attack.

With Ignite getting a longer CD, Surge being removed is even more frustrating.

Dynoglory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Yes - the change will be across all maps (It won't be separated).

On a related note, Heal's ally effect being stronger seems pretty good on Proving Grounds..
Yeah, ARAM's gunna require more thought now. Although champions like raka who were really only good for their heals (ok a silence isn't bad) might now be pretty pointless if the whole time gets heal. (Like those honorable teammates should!)

YMIG Exclusive

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekohz View Post
idk if Riot wants to hear me out after being perma banned for choosing a champion and playing them the way i intend on doing, but why are champions only limited to certain restrictions....

good example; taric.

why cant teamates accept the fact that im not playing a support, and WILL continue playing him as a melee carry.

why am i getting banned for telling people to let me play the way i want
why am i getting banned for telling people to stop telling me to choose what they want me to be, when i cant tell them what they should.????

AD taric. fix it. he is a melee for a reason. he gets more mana back on heavier hits. he gets cooldown reduction from hitting in general. stop telling me i NEED to play a certain way, when you wont do the same for me.

AD TARIC.
FIX IT
I bet you were banned for starting arguments with your teammates instead of just doing you boo boo

Harvester

11-12-2012

@ The Feral Ponies of Roku,
Would y'all say that it is now worth it to invest more than 21 points into a single tree? It was previously wasteful to put more than 21 points into the Offense tree because then you would be unable to reach Veteran's Scars within the Defense tree.

Was the cooldown reduction per level mastery "Enlightenment" moved, changed, or removed?

Roku

QA Analyst

11-12-2012
12 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoproboscizoid View Post
That's a great point, I hadn't thought about using it for aggressive tower dives.

Baiting the barriers may be possible for high mobility champs (or those with CC), but I feel that it will become less relevant in higher ELO play (although that's a different story entirely). Thanks for the response; I look forward to seeing how barrier will be utilized.
Barrier's numbers (Cooldown, amount shielded, and duration of shield) allow quite a bit of room to tweak its power. We'll be sure to keep an eye on it and tweak as necessary - but there definitely is plenty of ways to utilize it!

Torinux

11-12-2012

Quote:
Hey summoners,
Surge is being removed because it isn’t always clear when to use it or which champions benefit from it. In the end, Surge is a competing spell in a niche we’d like Ignite to fill.
So because of some players that don't know how to use a GREAT summoner spell like surge you going to remove it? Really? REALLY? And what about us who DO know how to use it properly? way to cater to bad players ah? way to not "forcing" them to improve.

It is like all the late trolling with stupid builds... I was once an AP noob useless Yi fanboy but now I know how much of a disadvantage to your team an AP Yi is but hey! after all his Q and W scale of AP right? a champ that rapes as AD having his spell ratios scaling off AP is ok right?

Seriously Riot what's wrong with you guys? It seems you trying darn hard to make this game too easy to troll with some times... Surge is great for those champs that have great AP burst and even more with those with DoT ults (coughMORDEcoughFIDDLEcough) and now that great spell is gone because of noobs hmmm... GOOD JOB !!! *claps*

KevinDelMarr

11-12-2012

Quote:
With a much shorter duration (currently 2 seconds, still subject to change), it is possible to counter a Barrier bait by forcing them to Barrier then waiting out the shield.

With internal testing, it has actually shown that offensive uses of Barrier mid lane have been more prominent - tower shots are pretty easy to predict and block.
Xerath would like his ammo system now

Grimwolff

11-12-2012

I'm worried somewhat about the state of heal, with this change it may return to its season 1 status of pretty much only a newb pick.