FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DonQuixoté

11-12-2012

In season 1 there were a few champs that could start vamp scepter, after the nerf to vamp scepter and ease of jungle in s2 people just went boots, will we see a lower cost of vamp scepter to make scepter 1 pot accessible for start, especially since the 3% lifesteal is being relocated?

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanis View Post
There was talk about making mana-based champions actually have a resource to manage late-game, so it could come back into play.
Said champions can always get AA or Athene's instead so they can use real summoner spells.

Most champions are perfectly fine with their natural mana pool and regeneration, and if that's not enough, they can always take the blue buff.

So again, Clarity remains either a noob trap, a tool for forcing a dodge, or a warning sign for allies of person who picked it.

Not even when I was low level did I rely on that noob trap. Only way you can make it useful is if it did something like instantly add 500 mana into your Tear/Manamune/Archangels Staff upon use.

SaveTheMaids

11-12-2012

-Hog being removed
-Indomitable being removed

Kinda sucks since both of those help Nautilus immensely early game... on pretty much every map. Without them he's gonna be even squishier early game now. He has no option but to play passively in the first few levels. I hope something replaces them both that can help him out during his weakest points.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina PENTA View Post
Lol? lifesteal quints were only good on 1 champ. Warwick Jungle. You start W, and you can start boots and never use a single hp pot.

Spellvamp quints were only good on 1 champ as well. Mundo Jungle. It helps you sustain early and it procs on smite.

Both of these strategies consider that your team is bad and doesn't leash for you. And these are the only times you would get these expensive runes optimally. Again, I tried this all in PBE. So don't be like "I don't listen to lvl 24 smurfs".
Spellvamp Quints specifically allowed Akali to return to the jungle and not be a total joke, as well as help patch up Vladimir during the period he lacks a Revolver on top of stacking with said Revolver after obtaining it. They're similarly decent for Mordekaiser, though likely not optimal for a few reasons.

Clearly you didn't try them on the PBE for very long.

Fox P McCloud

11-12-2012

Weird question:

Any masteries that effect champion pets? Ie: damage reduction, increased damage, duration, etc? I realize this is incredibly niche, but there are more pet champions (8 that deal damage/interact with enemy champions via damage) than there are energy users, and energy users have a mastery they can use.

hi im zaxia

11-12-2012

Is surge being removed because of the new skill shot changes that aren't in this patch :/

TheArtemist

11-12-2012

I don't feel like you've really given a very good reason for removing Surge. Ive recently really been enjoying it on champs like Sion, Xin Zhao, Warwick, Jax, Teemo and other bruisers that use the AS buff to buff their abilities and have AP ratios that are fun but rarely made use of (except maybe sion and teemo). Ignite is about having a healing debuff and some extra true damage to finish the job, Surge is about increasing your combat efficiency, doing a bit more damage, applying a few more on-hits, getting slightly better heals or stronger sheilds. AP pushers can use this to great effect on towers....... its nothing like Ignite

I like that you've said that you don't like Flash+Ignite being the only thing people take but then you've gone and removed some of the other more interesting, fun and different options. "People didn't know how to use it properly", but that's because they've never tried it. Now with the nerfs on Flash Ignite, disenchanted summoners might try to branch out to some different offensive summoners like.... oh wait.....

Please, tell me you discussed this further in the Riot offices , more than just "its not used very much"

General Quackers

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
It is. Ignite lasts 5 seconds, while Barrier lasts about 2.5 if I recall the new numbers correctly (though things are still subject to change)
I'm just going to keep asking: what's happening with Exhaust? Exhaust basically shuts off the action in small fights. Last I checked, Exhaust was on Riot's hot list of effects that they don't love having in the game.

Even if all you can tell me is "I don't know if anything is being done", I'd still like to hear that over silence.

KevinDelMarr

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
Yes, we will be resetting everyone's mastery pages. Sorry
It's the new meta-game, obviously.

UNPGriff

11-12-2012

Sort of offtopic, but will there be no item thread today?