FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chibi Pandbearqt

12-03-2012

rly barrier wtf, bc this summoner spell isnt gonna be abused at all lol

2 weeks later: barrier on summoners rift they said, good idea they said. (insert troll face)

Healurownbum

12-03-2012

I dont wanna see promote go on to a item i wouldnt buy anyways cause by that point, the use of promote went down by loads...

ExaltedVanguard

12-03-2012

Why is clarity being nerfed? It's useless late-game, yes. The change to percentage will not change this. It will still be useless late-game.

It's useless because there's no need for a spell to restore mana. By this point, your mana pool is so large (and/or your mana regen so high) that lack of mana isn't an issue. Plus you're mostly just teamfighting. You go in with full mana. You either kill/disengage the other team and regen afterward anyway, or you die and it's not an issue. I can't even remember the last time I saw an oom called past the 20 minute mark.

Clarity will never be good late game (unless the core balance of the game is altered). So why do (a select few) people take it now? Early-game spamming. You can spam spells at your lane opponent all day and keep going longer than they can. You can try to zone them and poke them to death, at the cost of giving up your late-game spell, by just throwing damage out everytime you can.

For early game, the current flat-amount is much, much better. Late game is irrelevant either way. So the change to clarity is effectively a nerf. A nerf to a spell that's niche at best, and already considered bad by most people. Why?

Pitufito Dell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Defense seems a little weak now.
And Nimblness is a great mastery. Utility is now... useful

FruitPunchLord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

i didnt bother to read all 100+ pages but im pretty sure someone asked why there are quite a bit of items that slows enemy and how it will affect champs w/o gap closers. im curious.

Mirnas

12-03-2012

First and foremost, I did not read the 100+ pages before, like the other summoner above me, and I would like to point out that this thread is about the masteries. Not about items or summoner spells. Anyways, I was just wondering why Runic Mastery is left in the utility tree when it would seem more feasible in the defense tree?

Kise

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healurownbum View Post
I dont wanna see promote go on to a item i wouldnt buy anyways cause by that point, the use of promote went down by loads...
Early game promote pushing was the best :-(

I don't like that it's aimed at AP scaling champs but I guess if you're building AD, you have enough power to hit towers anyway. Promoted minion plus captain boots on Shen = fast pushing

FruitPunchLord

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirnas View Post
First and foremost, I did not read the 100+ pages before, like the other summoner above me, and I would like to point out that this thread is about the masteries. Not about items or summoner spells. Anyways, I was just wondering why Runic Mastery is left in the utility tree when it would seem more feasible in the defense tree?
=( i will find other threads

iWraith

12-03-2012

When will we be seeing the Nidalee remake?

WorkItHarder

12-03-2012

What are the new cooldowns on Ignite, Flash and I assume Revive? They where listed as changed on the preseason website but I don't see what those changes are.