FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iTypics

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Are you currently adding enhancements on boots? If you are will you be able to get the enhancement on any boots or just specific ones?

zerglin9000

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Maple View Post
Is there an item that reduces(refreshes) flash's cool-down on kill or assist? If not, what negative affect would this have on the game?
I personally think this is a bad idea. Given that flash is receiving an even larger cool-down, and coupling it with champions like tristana where you could flash jump in then flash and jump out.

NakedGranny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
With internal testing, it has actually shown that offensive uses of Barrier mid lane have been more prominent - tower shots are pretty easy to predict and block.
more-active gameplay... isn't that what you guys have been trying to encourage?

NakedGranny

11-16-2012

Quote:
Yes - we do admit that they didn't work well.

Promote was OK for its intended use - but we feel like as a strategic choice it is better fit on an item. This allows us to control the effect in many different ways than a Summoner Spell does (who buys it, when it becomes available in a game, and how much cost you're paying for the effect).

As for Surge - we definitely missed the mark. Originally Surge was envisioned as a team oriented spell, something similar to old Rally. After a few iterations it had to be toned down, but we didn't want to make the user feel worse for taking it. As it stands now, it does come down to which spell is going to give you more damage - Ignite or Surge. In an overwhelming majority of cases, Ignite will actually give you more mileage even if Surge sounds better. This becomes especially true later in the game as Ignite ignores armor / magic resist. Surge was fun to cast, and had good synergy with a particular couple champions - but a majority of the time it was actually a trap. There were some fun aspects of it - turret pushing, clever edge case uses, and getting bigger, but it overall was a false choice.
in all seriousness, Ignite should be removed in favor of Surge...

put the anti-healing effect on an item, have less True Damage floating around in the game would be a very very good thing in the long run. Ignite is far far too much of a "must pick", you can't deny that.

do ****ing SOMETHING to give us back our Summoner Spells because ANY ****ing choice besides Flash + Ignite is a "trap option", you know.

metamilo

11-16-2012

I like just about everything but having barrier in every map. I dislike it as it is in ARAMs. You guys always talk about keeping the game from stalling and that is all this spell does. Unlike flash it has no real offensive capabilities and is virtually no different than heal in a team fight for the user. Also it is just my opinion but it has been the biggest fun killer for me over the past two or so months.

Tamanaco

11-16-2012

Quote:
Finally, we’ll be removing both Promote and Surge. We’re creating an item with an effect like Promote since it makes sense as a strategic option, and having it as a buy-in strategy means we’ll be able to better balance the effect in relation to its gold cost. Surge is being removed because it isn’t always clear when to use it or which champions benefit from it. In the end, Surge is a competing spell in a niche we’d like Ignite to fill.
2 of the most interesting spells in the game, Promote with nunu was awesome and surge in teemo was good. A shame that this is gone and Revive is still available (the most useless spell ever).

BTW, flash just make the game for cowards and in theory you want a little more of direct fights or risky style. And I think there are worst spells in the game that nobody uses or just add as much as you can and people choose what they want.

Ryladine

11-16-2012

Speaking of flash, I'm constantly called a noob for calling it useless, while it allows you to escape it is the single most overpowered spell in all of league, in my opinion it should be removed altogether, or have its ability to jump through walls removed.

Javi70h

11-16-2012

Please riot dont nerf League of legends, i saw changes in PBE and that make my day sad. Please Please worst changes

CountKamez

11-16-2012

Awesome also can you make it so cleanse removes ALL debuffs on your champ and also wouldn't it be smart to put +AP from the atk tree to the utility tree

Klittylitter

11-16-2012

Clarity has always been useful early game, and then it drops off. It always seemed to me that it should give CDR (flat or scaling per level, depending on the exact amount) for a certain amount of time after activation to make it better late game. This goes doubly now that DFG lost its CDR so there aren't many good CDR items for casters.

It makes sense, too. It gives you CDR so you can use all your new found mana.