FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Matuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
Good point! Currently we have different gold amounts for Ranged and Melee champions, and we'll continue to adjust these values as needed. We want to reward melee champions for the additional risk they take in any engagement from this mastery
How about a mastery that adds additional armor/resist when in range of an enemy champion? :O

▀orn To Die

11-14-2012

msgerbs

11-14-2012

Will you be doing anything to reduce the absurd early-game power of ignite? I'm really tired of going to gank a lane at 70% health, getting ignite + combo'd and dying. Even if we get 2 kills, I'm still out my essential buffs. Which I suppose leads into a bigger problem: Dying early as the jungler is far too punishing even if you get 2 kills out of it.

Oh, and why do we need a mastery that makes tower diving easier? D:

msgerbs

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Bankplank has ascended to become a LIVING GOD
Oh god. Now I'm scared. He'll get the melee gold because he's melee, but Q procs on-hits... And he'll get the lifesteal/spell vamp from the utility tree which ALSO procs on Q... Holy jesus, GP might be good again!

Nico8105

Recruiter

11-14-2012

The New changes are make the game fun/more balanced! Can't wait season 3 really gets swinging!

McIlwrath

11-14-2012

Awesome!

Lloser02

11-14-2012

I remeber back when I used Promote. For me it was generally used to push a lane while I recalled and still got rewards. Will there be a new spell that may act in place of promote in terms of gold flow or "strategic limit" (<--in other words, will it be useful for more than one thing)?

ArcMinuteLight

11-14-2012

They're removing Surge to make way for even MORE Flash/Ignite every freaking champ every freaking time!
Now Overheated Rumble won't smash through people like a tornado anymore! Blah, guess my Rumble days are over. It was kinda fun on Vlad too but it really shone on Rumble.
Always get Rabadon and offensive mastery with it for the full 100+ AP of course, that is what makes it viable.

ChIcHiChImOn

11-14-2012

I thought heal was going "full support", meaning you could heal allies but not yourself and the healing amount for allies would be higher. What is being done is still good, but I think making it full support would still be much better. As it is, my prediction would be that everyone is going to pick heal and barrier and if you don't pick those spells you're gonna have a bad time (like in ARAM), and if this happens the entire game might get wrecked for a considerable amount of time until Riot clues in on what's happening. Furthermore, Riot might not even chose to change the game back to something reasonable if what I just described happens all throughout normal games and not high-elo ranked (since that seems to be their main focus). In that case, I hate to say I would have to switch to DotA 2, and I really don't want it to come to that considering the amount of money that has gone into RP on my account. Just my two cents.

ChIcHiChImOn

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgerbs View Post
Will you be doing anything to reduce the absurd early-game power of ignite?
I don't get it. It's pretty clear how much damage ignite does at each level if you look it up, and at level one (which is normally the level of the person who draws first blood in most of my crazy, troll infested games) it only does 90 damage, so to slap on and kill they would need to have something like half a bar of health assuming they carry potions, or in mid with a dorans ring they would still need to have less than a bar. Just don't take the risk of still being in combat at less than 1-2 bars early game, that's all I'm saying. Close-call kills can't be relied on. Hope this logic helps you to stay informed and play better against ignite, if you were even having trouble in the first place, and note that I'm not nearly the best LoL player around so all I'm offering is a friendly tip and not some serious insult or whatever you might mistake this for.