Support Kog Maw?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vortical42

11-12-2012

I recently ran across an article about some of the less traditional characters seeing use as support like Fiddlesticks and Nidalee. It got me wondering, has anyone ever tried using Kog Maw as a support? On paper at least, Kog has some usefull suport abilities. He has an Aoe slow, a single target debuff, and a long range poke that grants vision once he hits level 6.

Obviously, you wouuldn't use Kog this way if somone like Sona was available (or if somone wants him for ADC) but as a tier 2 support does anyone think he would be a viable choice?

Oppress0r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

He brings next to nothing to the table in team fights.

vortical42

11-12-2012

That may be true. I'm not sure his teamfight presence is any worse than say a nidalee though.

Hakunamateo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

The problem I see is that A) Ashe support would do more for the team
B) Kog's E is his only utility skill
C) Morgana support is far more useful
Overall, Kog is one of the greatest ADCs imo, supporting doesn't make any use of his skillset.
The debuff is, A) single target B) longer CD C) best feature is the increased Attack Speed
The E is, A) high mana cost B) longer CD and C) not an aoe, but a linear skillshot you can walk out of easily
The Ult isn't useful unless you get some AP or AD backing it up, granting sight would help for checking bushes, dragon ect, but a sona ult, soraka ult, ect=all far more useful.