Introducing the "panic button"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-12-2012

So you're saying if I want to troll, I have to duo queue and duo troll now so we can prevent the 4th vote?

KnightxSScarlett

11-12-2012

It's bad enough that as it stands, people will report you for "verbal harassment" or "offensive language" if you taunt them in all chat. Do you REALLY want MORE reports spammed because you THOUGHT someone was trolling? What if someone is silent in chat and you report them for taking something you called? Is that valid?

This idea just turns champ select into a cluster**** of reports. And it'll hit a lot of innocent people too. It allows the "toxic" to be even more toxic. I'm all for a report button in champ select, but this is just ridiculous. It can even become a queue dodge tool.

Seriously, this idea is bad. It should be quite obvious. -1

SinRG

11-12-2012

You're just poking holes in the idea without offering any constructive solution of your own.

Quote:
So you're saying if I want to troll, I have to duo queue and duo troll now so we can prevent the 4th vote?
Forcing trolls to duo rather than solo queue still makes it harder for them. Let's face it, trolls don't join games to make friends.

Quote:
It's bad enough that as it stands, people will report you for "verbal harassment" or "offensive language" if you taunt them in all chat. Do you REALLY want MORE reports spammed because you THOUGHT someone was trolling? What if someone is silent in chat and you report them for taking something you called? Is that valid?
You should be reported if you're being a dick unnecessarily. Trolls are quite obvious, I don't see why you think people would constantly be mistaken if it comes down to a unanimous vote. And yes, it's totally valid to report someone (and better yet kick them) for not communicating with the team, then just snatching a role that's already been called - especially if the team ends up doubling up because of it, ruining the meta and hence their chances of winning. I don't see your logic here?

Quote:
This idea just turns champ select into a cluster**** of reports. And it'll hit a lot of innocent people too. It allows the "toxic" to be even more toxic. I'm all for a report button in champ select, but this is just ridiculous. It can even become a queue dodge tool.
How will it hit 'innocent' people if it comes down to a unanimous vote? Trolls would be forced to queue as a foursome and that could only be done in normal, leaving ranked unaffected. I don't see how/why people would use it to dodge if - as I've said - it comes down to a unanimous vote. If 4 people agree that it's in their best interest to waste more time waiting for another game then it's generally going to be for a good reason.

Quote:
Seriously, this idea is bad. It should be quite obvious. -1
Seriously, your logic is bad. It should be quite obvious.

KnightxSScarlett

11-12-2012

A unanimous vote would include the fifth player, which obviously isn't going to boot themselves. Even if you restricted it to the four, this idea is still useless because it only addresses the dumb trolls. Smart trolls like me will pretend to be cool during champ select and wait until IN THE GAME to troll.

And it can still be used as a queue dodge. Assuming everyone cares about their elo too much to care about others, if someone presses the panic button on an innocent person and everyone wants to dodge because omg Darius, Jayce, and Shen on the opposing team, someone innocent gets reported just because you care more about elo than what is right.

It's so hilarious how many people think this is a good idea. Fine. Go ahead you sheeple. Blame "trolls" for your losses. But at the end of the day, the reason you lose in ranked is because you deserved the loss.

Khizan

11-12-2012

The problem is it lets four people throw one person under the bus to get a 'free' queue dodge.

SinRG

11-12-2012

Quote:
A unanimous vote would include the fifth player, which obviously isn't going to boot themselves. Even if you restricted it to the four, this idea is still useless because it only addresses the dumb trolls. Smart trolls like me will pretend to be cool during champ select and wait until IN THE GAME to troll.
You just openly admitted you're a troll. I'm done talking to you.

KnightxSScarlett

11-13-2012

I'm not a troll. I'm THE troll.

AznGreen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khizan View Post
The problem is it lets four people throw one person under the bus to get a 'free' queue dodge.
OP is talking about ranked. At most you can only get two votes if you duo que.