Sick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThermalLeech

11-12-2012

i'm sick and tired of players comming in and trolling games, calling their teamates just *trash* which really really hurts when you have a bad game. and when opponents gloat into the all chat and think theyre good because they're fed. please riot remove the allchat button, and ban players who troll like that after offence 1. please it ruins tons of people's experiences. and it makes people quit and hurt themselves, the community needs work, the honor initiative isnt working, please fix this.

ScorchXBanister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

1. I like the all chat button
2. If everyone was banned after one offense, you'd probably be banned
3. The honor initiative and Tribunal are working fantastically and there is math to prove it

Mute the offending players and don't talk to them.

White Pony

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchXBanister View Post
1. I like the all chat button
2. If everyone was banned after one offense, you'd probably be banned
3. The honor initiative and Tribunal are working fantastically and there is math to prove it

Mute the offending players and don't talk to them.
As dismissive as you're being, you seem to think you're above this issue and that people experiencing it are "just complaining". Trolling is a real and serious issue in the community. Something much more aggressive needs to be done because its running rampant. I hardly ever go more than 2 or 3 games without there being a ridiculous troll on my team. You're not above this issue, and dismissing it as such an easy thing to take care of is really pretty arrogant.

If everyone was banned after one offense, I'm sure you'd be banned as well. I'm sure I would, I'm sure anyone would. That doesn't mean its not an issue. There are people out there who are really just out to get a rise out of people or make people stop enjoying themselves. Ignoring people and muting people is detrimental to the team dynamic of the game, and not speaking to anyone causes major issues in positioning. You can't just ignore people in the game or say "I'm muting you. I'm not talking to you." and expect to win. Your solutions are flawed, in my opinion.

I agree about the tribunal and the honor initiative being a good idea and working just fine, but I also agree with the OP and think that much, much more needs to be done.

Tadeyoshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

I find it funny when people give actually good advice and the original poster seems to downvote them or everyone. Second poster has a point. If you're solo queueing, then try not to take everything too hard. If you're in a bad mood and they're being just harsh, block them using tab and then the blue button next to their name.
In ranked games I don't get too many trolls but if you do its best never to block your own teammates that way you can still work together effectively. If you lose just take a deep breath and say it was a good game. No one likes sore losers. There are many topics like this on the forums already. If you can't take the harassment sometimes then you shouldn't solo queue.

zraven7

11-12-2012

Above posters have good points, OP. Riot polices players and has policies in effect to limit this sort of thing, but this is still an internet game, and a free one at that (thank you, Riot, we love you). THere are going to be trolls, and if they are seriously in here just for trolling, all banning the account is going to do is get them to make another account. I always look at trolling games as an opportunity to practice playing in less than ideal circumstances. I mean, if you can handle it when 3 out of the 5 members of your team are trolling, then dealing with a 5v4 in a decent game should be nothing.