@WhattayaBrian What is your job?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AA247

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
For the most part, I work on the codebase for the game client and server (what happens when the game actually begins--not the air client or the platform). These are coded in C++.

Right now specifically...doing a whole bunch of Python.
3.0 or 2.7


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

11-12-2012
2 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvish Champion View Post
What did you study?
https://www.digipen.edu/academics/de...ve-simulation/

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA247 View Post
3.0 or 2.7
2.7 currently.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Winktoblink

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Python makes things so nice and easy that sometimes it can be frustrating. I accidentally created a global variable in my code once, leading to some crazy numbers >.>;


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BestGnarRivenNA

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
My Dad like adores Python. You would probably get along well with him!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elvish Champion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

11-12-2012

As I thought you studied Computer Science :<

is there a job on riot that works on Assembly language? :P
I know C++, but just the basics and data structure my career focuses on digital systems and robotics :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyrie Friegraf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
For the most part, I work on the codebase for the game client and server (what happens when the game actually begins--not the air client or the platform). These are coded in C++.

Right now specifically...doing a whole bunch of Python.
So if I asked you about champion balancing and new items you'd want to punch me in the face?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

B3ER

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Engineers are sexy. Spread the word.... No really, I'm lonely.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

11-12-2012
3 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvish Champion View Post
As I thought you studied Computer Science :<

is there a job on riot that works on Assembly language? :P
I know C++, but just the basics and data structure my career focuses on digital systems and robotics :P
Not that I'm aware of. :X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchXBanister View Post
So if I asked you about champion balancing and new items you'd want to punch me in the face?
Actually, I love talking about design. I just can't represent it for Riot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AA247

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
its 2.7 because having extra () for print statements is too much work rite?jk I am junior comsci major and was wondering if you did interships for the summer


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

B3ER

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
Not that I'm aware of. :X


Actually, I love talking about design. I just can't represent it for Riot.
Hey Brian, how much knowledge of coding and programming is required for a production level job in Riot? I'm finishing up my BSc in Aerospace Engineering, I know the basics to JAVA, C++ and MATLAB and I have a decent amount of gaming experience.