Need a gaming rig on extremely budget?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFieldMarshal

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
Something else I should add, the comparison of the Core i3 to the Piledriver based FX processors are off stock speeds. Overclocking is always a bit touchy when you are talking about performance benchmarks, but in the end, it is a real factor.

While the budget gamer might not have interest right out of the gate in overclocking, there is the potential that they will do it at some point. If that person has some inclination that they might want to OC, they can spend another $20 on their motherboard and get an AsRock 970, which will give them this option.

Once you start OCing the 6300 the budget to performance ratio just gets silly.
I updated the PC for 500. I downgraded the PSU to the builder series 430W, which is plenty powerful to OC an FX-6300 and run a GTX 650ti, but it is noted that a new GPU demands a higher end PSU, but I needed to stay around 500, but added a Gigabyte 970Mobo. Thanks for the suggestion.

TheFieldMarshal

11-12-2012

Added the budget enthusiast A10-5800K Xfired with HD 6670 GDDR5.

TheFieldMarshal

11-12-2012

Fixed the bad URL on the FX setup, and cleaned it up a little.

Bucc

11-12-2012

[QUOTE=TheFieldMarshal;31323338]So you need a mobo, ram, cpu, dvd drive? I presume running an HD 6950 which requires decent amount of power your PSU is fine. Answer the following questions for me.
Do you want to overclock? i never have and sure if it doesn't ware/stress the computer out at all
How much do you want to spent? yes max out $600
Do you need a copy of windows? no i got windows
And my dvd drive is fine i think. but yea i need mobo,ram,processor.

TheFieldMarshal

11-13-2012

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nz87

With only needing 3(well 4) things, this is what I came up with. For gaming an I7 has ZERO benefit. Now if you do high end graphic design or video editing you can go that route. I always prefer micro boards, they are easier to work with and I am biased torwards ASrock only because I've had good experiences with them and their interface is amazing. If you want a different board just be sure it is a Z77 board. Overclocking is pretty safe on these, up to about 4.5GHz with that CPU cooler.